Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This customer is going to be pissed at me..

I did this new house complete in 2001. Had a 100k Rheem Mod and a 5 ton 12 seer. The owner decided he wanted Geo a couple months ago.

Today I tore the furnace and a/c out, got the flow center hung and 99% piped. Got the ClimateMaster 5.5 ton unit set and all of my measurements taken for the sheetmetal.

So anyway, he's gonna be pissed cause, you know, Geo doesnt work.

Heres before and during pics. Will post finished pics tomorrow.

Andy
    Attached Files

Re: This customer is going to be pissed at me..

Why do a side return and bottom? A bottom return box that big with furnace bottom cut out should be plenty ...no?

Comment

Excellent question. The Aprilaire Spacegards are only good for 1600 cfm at the static pressure I size my returns at. This was a 5 ton system set at just over 2000cfm. 1 air cleaner would have choked it down too much.

Andy

Comment

Its done except for the line voltage wiring which the homeowner is doing himself. I'll go back tomorrow and fire it up and check the system performance.

Andy
        Attached Files

Comment

looks good and he did the wiring thats the only thing thats look bad
          Charlie

My seek the peek fundraiser page
          http://observatory.mountwashington.o...nal&fr_id=1040

http://www.mountwashington.org/weather/conditions.php

new work pictures 12/09
          http://public.fotki.com/hvachawk/

Comment

Looks nice, thanks for posting the pictures.
            Anyone can tear a man down, few can build one up.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruudacguy View Post
              Excellent question. The Aprilaire Spacegards are only good for 1600 cfm at the static pressure I size my returns at. This was a 5 ton system set at just over 2000cfm. 1 air cleaner would have choked it down too much.

Andy
              Do you find it easier to do that with two filters and therefore, two costs for the cust every 6 months.....or install a box filter rated for the CFM?
              I honestly don't know that the filters we use are ok (install department hopefully does).

Comment

Originally posted by rjm78 View Post
                Do you find it easier to do that with two filters and therefore, two costs for the cust every 6 months.....or install a box filter rated for the CFM?
                I honestly don't know that the filters we use are ok (install department hopefully does).
                Im not sure that any single 20x25 filter will handle 2000 plus cfm at a decent static pressure, but I honestly dont know as I dont have many 5 ton residential systems out there. That was the brand I was using at the time which I have since gotten away from. They do a good job but the units are getting too pricey and the filter replacements are hard for my customers to find. I mainly use Honeywell now. They take a standard 4" replacement which can be bought almost anywhere, and the units themselves are half the price of the Aprilaires.

This particular customer was going 16 to 18 months between filter replacements. I have others that go every 2 years.

Andy

Comment

Nice looking work
                  Geo works great in Arkansas

Comment

Working...
                  X