No announcement yet.

FYI for you HVAC guys

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FYI for you HVAC guys

Just in case you didn't already know, NEVER, and I mean NEVER, use a catch container that is the same as what you are currently drinking to bleed a furnace.

FIL and I temporarily hooked up a garage furnace in the basement. Just enough to provide steady heat while we polyurethane the floors.

I don't know jack about any type of furnace, so once fired up I felt pretty good about the install with FIL's guidance.

I stood back to marvel our work and took a big swig of what I thought was beer.

Luckily as soon as the warmth of 30 year old #2 touched my tongue the back of my throat clamped shut. all over the floor, and up to the kitchen for lots of rinsing.

I wish I could blame it on the beer but it was only my second one. I guess I'm going to have to chalk this one up as DUMB A$S.

As soon as I went my wife laughed her a$s off

So, the next time your bleeding a furnace, have a laugh on me,
    it's well deserved
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Gene Bickford; 10-04-2009, 08:05 PM.
    INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
    Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Re: FYI for you HVAC guys

Jeez Gene, that was a Miller (clear) bottle. I could see if it was a Bud (brown) bottle. I grabbed the Bud bottle I thought was mine and someone had put a cigarette out in it. Funny how that gag reflex works, huh?

that cigarette improve the test of bud

now thats the high life. glad ur ok great story