X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• honeywell gas valve

Install Honeywell valve 800a. i need to adjust the valve ,Honeywell void the warranty ,saying that it is new , and should have been factory set . never had a problem in over 20 years . anybody in count this before .

Re: honeywell gas valve

Not familiar with the Honeywell 800a (Google can't find it) but most gas valves are field adjustable. So that's crap about voiding the warranty.

What makes you think you need to adjust it?

Comment

cause my boss did and work perfect

Comment

really partner

Comment

Is it the valve with all of the plastic covers on it (light tan colored).. Installed in an older Lennox, Concord or Armstrong Furnace?

What kind of adjustment are you thinking of making (pilot pressure or something else?)?
          Last edited by OkieBill; 10-06-2009, 06:37 PM.

Comment

yes . psi adjustment plastic screw, not pilot, good ,bring flame down . never ever had to do that before on new valve .

Comment

What kind of Outlet pressure are you getting right now?

What was the problem with the old valve?

Could you have an inlet pressure problem?

Is the valve the right size???

Are we talking about Nat Gas or an LP system

Comment

So are you just doing this by sight or are you using a manometer?

EVERY repair/replacement of a gas appliance should have the manifold pressure checked

Comment

Originally posted by OkieBill View Post
                  What kind of Outlet pressure are you getting right now?

Is the valve the right size???

Are we talking about Nat Gas or an LP system
                  Does he have a Nat gas valve on a LP appliance?

Comment

Originally posted by plumberscrack View Post
                    Does he have a Nat gas valve on a LP appliance?

I'm curious

Comment

he has a manometer in the shop . I had 3 more tickets i left .the old valve seizes .Point i am making we call honeywell ,and because it is a new valve and been adjusted the will not warrant it . it was nat gas .

Comment

Originally posted by metx View Post
                        he has a manometer in the shop . I had 3 more tickets i left .the old valve seizes .Point i am making we call honeywell ,and because it is a new valve and been adjusted the will not warrant it . it was nat gas .
                        Hate to say it but, makes perfect sense for Honeywell not to warranty the valve. If someone is going to mess with the calibration without even properly troubleshooting it how do you know it is a valve issue.

Lets break this down a bit...

If you verify the input gas pressure and the valve outlet pressure it is either right or wrong (see your valve cutsheet).
                        - If your input pressure is to high it will effect the valves output pressure.
                        -If input pressure is correct and output pressure is off then you can say the valve is at fault.
                        -If input pressure and outlet pressure are correct and you still have the symptom it is an improperly sized valve OR an issue independant of the gas valve.

Point is do not try to adjust the valve, properly troubleshoot your system and you will get to the root cause of your problem.

If what I'm saying makes no sense contact a licensed heating and cooling professional in your area.

Bill

Comment

Working...
                        X