Thermostat

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thermostat

I reasently had a ducked air conditioner installed throughout my house with a slit system and I am wondering whether the thermostat and controller are positioned in the right place which is directly below the intake return vent in the ceiling as the desired temperature always varies by around three degrees and is never what I plug in.

Tony

Re: Thermostat

maybe. i wouldn't put it there, but it already is so "run what you brung". is house comfortable? move your digital thermometer from room to room. measure at the same height from floor. my guess is that it will work on ac. is that the return for heat. try it and see. if it doesn't get it move it. breid..........

Comment

Originally posted by breid1903 View Post
      maybe. i wouldn't put it there, but it already is so "run what you brung". is house comfortable? move your digital thermometer from room to room. measure at the same height from floor. my guess is that it will work on ac. is that the return for heat. try it and see. if it doesn't get it move it. breid..........
      Yes it has reverse cycle heating but I don`t use it as I got it for cooling and you carn`t get the one without the other its just annoying after spending $9000.00 on it and the controling thermostat dosen`t match up with another thermostat on the wall next to it.

Tony

Comment

Every thermostat is going to read a little different. Some might even be alot different. I would request that the installer swap it out. Or, most newer digital stats have a "temperature offset" setting in the installers config menu. You should be able to 'calibrate' it a few degrees either way.

Andy

Comment

A thermostat SHOULD be mounted near a return so you have a chance to get an average temp in the area, not stagnant air in a hall for example. It should also be on an inside wall away from a heat source like on the other side of a wall that has a range. About 5 ft off the floor. Running the fan in the on position is a cheap way to get more equal temps.

Also, if you dont like your stat's inaccuracy, The touchscreen honywell stats can use remote sensors. Mine has 4 sensors. Two up, two down. I can't zone my house so that was my next best option. Recently my daughter switched rooms. It's over the garage and is a lot cooler. I relocated one of the 2nd floor sensors at her height in her room. WAY better.
          Hope that helps you.

Comment

Are the Mitubishi Air Con controllers any good or are they just basic.
            Attached Files

Comment

Working...
            X