Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Biasi good-bad?

FIL is considering a Biasi boiler.
    Anyone have any experience with this brand good/bad?
    INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
    Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Re: Biasi good-bad?

Gene, we install quite a few Biasi boilers. I like them. I'm not thrilled with how the controls mount but it's not enough of a problem that I wouldn't sell them. They are efficient and reliable. Make sure to use the Riello burner with it if using oil.
    sigpic

Comment

Installed a B10-3 in my own home with a Honeywell AQ2000 control and am very happy 2 seasons later. I replaced the stock aquastat with a hydrostat 3150 combo aquastat LWCO. The Biasi is a good solid 3 pass design and is a cinch to clean. Mine is with the Riello, but a friend of mine had the same setup with the Beckett NX, and its a bit quieter, and you have the option for outside combustion air.

I added a Field Controls OVD-6 to mine this year as well.

Comment

Originally posted by nhmaster3015 View Post
        gene, we install quite a few biasi boilers. I like them. I'm not thrilled with how the controls mount but it's not enough of a problem that i wouldn't sell them. They are efficient and reliable. Make sure to use the riello burner with it if using oil.

well said i feel the same!!

Comment

I have a nice brand new Biassi Riello with an indirect, tigerloop deaerator, hydrolevel 3150, taco zone control topped off with a nice Intellicon HW+ economizer. All said and done cost around $3,000 self installed and compared to the old crown boiler with tankless I saved about 450 gallons of fuel (Down to about 850 annually on long island, 2,500 ft2 foot print) I plan on installing the Field Controls OVD-6 and not sure what more I could do to squeeze a little bit more "greeness" out of this bad boy anyway here are some pics....http://www.flickr.com/photos/25250512@N08/
          Any suggestions for additional tricks I can add to this are encouraged!

Comment

What's with all the pipe insulation, is that to hide all your joints?

It looks good to me, but I don't know jack about boilers.
            All I know is, if it gets cold turn up the thermostat. If it's still cold check the fuel tank. If it has fuel and it's still cold, call Dave at D and D Heating.
            INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
            Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

Working...
            X