X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bryant Furnace Woes

I have a Bryant Nat. gas Furnace MN#394HAD024050 that the pilot extinguishes while running. It looks like the middle burner is lifting the pilot flame away from the thermocouple,causing the thermocouple to cool. Cleaned the pilot orifice,burners,and installed a new thermocouple.
    Thinking about lowering the manifold gas pressure. It such a pain in the rear to get to the pressure tap and regulator adjustment on the Honeywell valve. Plus the gas line is in the way. I'm saving this option as a last resort. Any other ideas?

A new furnace would be nice except our maintenance budget is shot until the 1st.

I hate standing pilots

James

Re: Bryant Furnace Woes

No chance of repositioning the thermocouple?

Does this system by chance have a copper gas supply line attached to it?

Bill

Comment

Originally posted by OkieBill View Post
      No chance of repositioning the thermocouple?

Does this system by chance have a copper gas supply line attached to it?

Bill
      Bill,

The thermocouple position can't be changed. Maybe a conversion to an HSI is in order?? Probably cheaper just to replace the furnace.

The gas line is 1/2" black which 180's over the top of the valve and exits out the RH side of the furnace.

I think I might of done something right. I haven't heard from the tennants since 3:30 PM today. It's 27F outside, I'm sure I'd received a call by now.

James

Comment

Is this that stupid design with the inducer and t-couple?

Comment

Originally posted by rjm78 View Post
          Is this that stupid design with the inducer and t-couple?
          Yes it is!

Oh yeah, I also replaced the draft inducer motor, it was squelling like a cat in heat.

How much success have you had removing the draft inducer blower wheels? I can usually get 1 out of 5 loose.If you want to wait a day while the Kroil works it's magic, also a little heat with a #1 air acetylene tip sometimes will break them loose. I usually end up breaking my, once long T handle 1/8" allen wrench in the set screw.
          I normally keep a spare wheel or two on hand. Much faster to cut the old motor shaft and use a new blower wheel.

Comment

I buy kits for every customer and they all get wheels. I don't even try to get them off anymore!

Comment

Originally posted by rjm78 View Post
              I buy kits for every customer and they all get wheels. I don't even try to get them off anymore!
              Do you buy the kits from Carrier Parts?

Last time I tried to buy one at our local Carrier parts store all they had was the motor. They also didn't have the gasket. I started buying the motors and wheels at the local Johnstone Supply. Cost less and closer.

James
              Last edited by James P; 12-25-2009, 01:31 PM.

Comment

I use TEC which is the carrier dealer by me. They sell the wheel, motor, and cooling wheel. No problems!

Comment

Working...
                X