X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wintac software

is there any one who knows anything about wintac software?

Re: wintac software

We use some of the modules. What would you like to know?

Comment

I'm also looking for the inside track on WINTAC. We are a small contractor and use WINTAC for dispatch and invoicing. We have occasional lock-ups in our network when using WINTAC(may be network issue?), we also have occasional phantom issues with invoices disappearing from the system, or it not saving changes.
      Any advise will be helpful. Dave

Comment

We use a limited portion of Wintac's abilities, mostly customer history, invoices & statements. Also for limited pricing.

It is only on one computer but we do not have any problems with it, it runs pretty much trouble free. I do have some issues with the way it does things, but overall it is quite useful.

Have you tried talking to the Wintac helpline? Also do you ever run "housekeeping"? I find that it solves any little issues that we encounter.

Comment

We purchased the program 5 months ago and have yet to fully implement and use the program. Their customer service representatives do not seem to want to help us better use their product. We have been highly dissatisfied with their service, being in the service business ourselves we know the importance of satisfied customers and it doesn't seem that Intac International (wintac) cares at all. They even refused to offer any refund saying it was "against their policy."

Comment

Originally posted by GDEDoor View Post
            We purchased the program 5 months ago and have yet to fully implement and use the program. Their customer service representatives do not seem to want to help us better use their product. We have been highly dissatisfied with their service, being in the service business ourselves we know the importance of satisfied customers and it doesn't seem that Intac International (wintac) cares at all. They even refused to offer any refund saying it was "against their policy."
            Try talking to someone else. I think one of the honchos is named Arthur. He would hear your complaints and enter into a discussion of the trouble you are having, although he may not be able to ( or want to) help. His personality is quite bland so that it is hard to get a reaction from him.

They avoid walking you through more than one process at a time and the help desk does not always understand how we, in the field work so that they do not understand the question you are asking.

I found it difficult to understand how they look at the business end of contracting, but once you can realize how the program looks at things you may find that it gets easier.

Do you have a customer list that can be imported into Wintac using XL? Having a customer list as a starting point makes things a little easier.

If all of this fails see if you can talk to Daniel Restivo. I think he is the owner and original developer of Wintac.

Try to get a copy of their instruction book. It is a bigger help than the computer, but I do not know if they still print them.

They also have a chat room, but I find it useless as the questions asked are rarely or never answered by the Wintac personnel.

Comment

Wintac is terrible! Service is terrible! Training is terrible! And they do not have a printed manual--we were told to print out the tutorial page by page!! Then they said they would send someone to us for $3950 for a day to "train" us!

DO NOT BUY THIS SOFTWARE!!!

Comment

We have been using wintac for about 3 years and are very happy with it. It does so much that you might scratch your head at first but within a few weeks we had no problem getting it to do everything. I know for certain that without wintac we would have had to hire at least 2 more people in the office by now because we are growing. We didn't need any training but we did call there support a lot in the beginning and they were always helpful. We are big fans and recommend it.

Comment

KG Heating, do you own a copy of the software? Have you made a diligent effort to learn the program? Sorry your having challenges...

We have been using Wintac for about 10 years and are very happy with it. Just as with any new program, there is a learing curve and we all know that sometimes change is difficult to accept. We too had a learning curve, but once we had a basic understanding of the program, it was a great choice for us. I would recommend this software to any contractor, especially if your in the service industry, to track your customers, inventory and work history. We attach all job related documents (Word, PDF, Excel) as well as job site pics to each job and are able to quickly review the past history of any job, down to how many receptacles we used. They also have an on-line users forum where current users share ideas, best practices and different ways to use the software. This site also has a link to on-line tech support during normal business hours, of course. I would be happy to share more specifics to anyone interested.

John

Comment

Our company has been using WintacPro for about ten years now. There was a learning curve as with anything new. We have found this program to provide features very useful in the HVAC industry. Support is outstanding and they have the ability to answer even poorly worded questions. Even when we bring on new people, the program is easy to comprehend. Saves us many man hours every week. Would not be without it.

Comment

Originally posted by heidibell View Post
                      is there any one who knows anything about wintac software?
                      Heidi - I'm new to Wintac (was not part of the decision to buy it), and have been using it 4 months. I have many, many questions. Do you have much satisfaction with it? Sam

Comment

Heidi - although I was not in on the decision to buy Wintac, I am its main user. I have been using it about 4 months and have many questions. Are you having much luck with it? Sam

Comment

i wanted to try this soft wear to use with in couple years and company give a facility as demo is just a CD full with screen shots of the program nothing you can interact and use , it seems the program hasn't being updates ever since that is my major concern.
                          Last edited by jammyman9; 01-02-2011, 04:28 AM.
                          Dell coupon code

Comment

We have been using Wintac for over 10 Years. It was a learning curve and fustratinng at times due to the fact I wanted the software to work the way I see it. But inreality you must use the software the way it was designed and you will see that it will work for you! We also spent the money to fly from Houston, Texas to Boston, Mass. to take the in class room training after we used it for serveral years. This gave us a chance to ask questions and get answers to problems we were having. A great investment to better understand the product and the things it can do. Overall we have found that the program is a great for dispatching, proposal and billing, and customer history. I would recommend this program to others.
                            Last edited by Autumn Air; 07-26-2011, 10:14 AM.

Comment

I have been using Wintac since 1997. Every year there has been very nice upgrades. It may take some time to understand- but it works great. If your having trouble with it- you can call tech support. if you need training call them for a 1 hour boot camp.
                              Wintac is a great value compared to other software packages. I have seen prices of 20-30k for a networked full service package.

Comment

Working...
                              X