X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trane Weathtron to Honeywell 7600D Wiring help

Whoever can help me with this issue I would greatly appreciate it. I have a Trane Weathertron thermostat and I want to replace it with a Honeywell 7600d programmable thermostat. I have an issue. When I installed the thermostat is only pumped out cold air while in heat mode. I have a heat pump and this thermostat will be operating both the heat and A/C. This is the configuration I have and used. please let me know of any input anyone can give.

Trane Wiring -
    X2 Black wire
    O Orange Wire
    G Green Wire
    Y Yellow Wire
    T Brown Wire
    R Red Wire
    W White Wire
    U Empty
    F Empty
    B Blue Wire

I wired the Honeywell as follows -
    C Blue wire
    G Green wire
    Y Yellow wire
    O/B Orange wire
    RC (Jumper to R)
    R Red
    AUX White wire
    E Black wire
    L Empty

***Brown wire was unused

I do not know why the brow is empty but I was reading some threads and they said to do this. The power shuts off and on and I programmed the unit the way I was supposed to (I think).

Please let me know if anyone can give some input.

Thanks,
    Brian

Re: Trane Weathtron to Honeywell 7600D Wiring help

Originally posted by bushler View Post
    Whoever can help me with this issue I would greatly appreciate it. I have a Trane Weathertron thermostat and I want to replace it with a Honeywell 7600d programmable thermostat. I have an issue. When I installed the thermostat is only pumped out cold air while in heat mode. I have a heat pump and this thermostat will be operating both the heat and A/C. This is the configuration I have and used. please let me know of any input anyone can give.

Trane Wiring -
    X2 Black wire
    O Orange Wire
    G Green Wire
    Y Yellow Wire
    T Brown Wire
    R Red Wire
    W White Wire
    U Empty
    F Empty
    B Blue Wire

I wired the Honeywell as follows -
    C Blue wire
    G Green wire
    Y Yellow wire
    O/B Orange wire
    RC (Jumper to R)
    R Red
    AUX White wire
    E Black wire
    L Empty

***Brown wire was unused

I do not know why the brow is empty but I was reading some threads and they said to do this. The power shuts off and on and I programmed the unit the way I was supposed to (I think).

Please let me know if anyone can give some input.

Thanks,
    Brian
    Is the outside unit running? If it is, sounds like the reversing valve is energized. On most units the reversing valve energizes in the cooling mode or while in defrost.

I'm not a big fan of Honeywell Tstats. I mostly use White Rodgers 80 series.
    They are made by Emerson, the same company who makes Ridgid Tools.

James

Comment

Working...
    X