X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any Recommendations?

We are buying a 1,600 sq ft house and need to replace the furnace and AC. Are there any brands to stay away from? Is it better to get the same brand for each unit or just buy the best brand? Thanks. deckart

Re: Any Recommendations?

Probably going to get flamed for this, but here it goes

Goodman, cheap initial cost, reliable, good warranty,& replacement parts will not bankrupt you.

James

Comment

How could you!!! well we all do need more service work!YORK fan myself,but any brands good except goodman

Comment

put goodman in my house. wife said you will just correct it if it screws up. lol. breid.............

Comment

Originally posted by tin man View Post
          How could you!!! well we all do need more service work!YORK fan myself,but any brands good except goodman
          Sounds like myself a few years ago.

I've recently had a change of attitude about Goodman.

Don't know much about York residential equipment, not a big seller in these parts. I do run into a few old tombstone Yorks from the 70's.

James

Comment

Since R-22 is going away, I would stay away from Goodman until they have worked out the kinks with their 410A systems.

I'm a Carrier / Payne dealer so I'm gonna go with Carrier as my recommendation ... Oh yea, Did I mention that Carrier /Honeywell invented 410A

With the Tax Credits and local utility credits you can knock about $2000 off of a 16 SEER system right now (this will vary based on your location and tax situation)...

DO NOT INSTALL AN R-22 BASED SYSTEM!!!

Bill

Comment

A quality install is more important than the brand.. But....I put lennox in my house and love it!

Comment

Originally posted by tin man View Post
                yeah i can always tell when a customer has a york condensor from the jackhammer running in back yard when i get out of my van,oh wait thats the condensor!

Comment

Ruud or Rheem (same company)
                  sigpic

Comment

Brand is not as important as a quality install. All the furnaces manufactures use the same parts and are pretty close in efficiency. Make sure you have a load calculation done to make sure that you install the right size of equipment. This calculation will also make sure that the duckwork in your home is size correctly and will give you a nice comfortable system.
                    DIRTFT

Comment

Working...
                    X