Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Combustion Analyzer

Hello HVAC Forum,

I figured I ask the pro's here about this. I am signed up to take the AO Smith Boiler class in July. They want me to bring my own test instruments DVM, Manometer, and a Combustion Analyzer. Reason for this is they want us to learn on the tools we will be using in the field. So here is my question. What make and model combustion analyzer do you all recommend?

Thank you in advance to your replies, and for taking your time to read this.
    Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
    A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
    Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
    Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Re: Combustion Analyzer

I haven't used one since my boiler operator days. Fyrite was the standard 30 years ago.

James

Comment

you can go with the classic Bacarach combustion/ efficiency analyzer which containd a draft gauge, stack temp thermometer, smoke tester and a CO2 test bottle. this will be a good start for oil service. if u plan on doing any gas service or are going to be using your test kit daily bacharach make some electronic meters that are great . i use the fyrite Tech meter. depending on the model it will do up to 4 fuel types ( oil Nat.gas kerosene propane)
      it also gives u efficency, CO in PPM, excess air and O2 readings

hope this helps

Comment

Ron,

Try this http://www.ueitest.com/productList-c...analyzers.html

UEI makes OK stuff (not top of the line), it works and you can get into a decent set-up for less then a grand.

Bill

Comment

Originally posted by OkieBill View Post
          Ron,

Try this http://www.ueitest.com/productList-c...analyzers.html

UEI makes OK stuff (not top of the line), it works and you can get into a decent set-up for less then a grand.

Bill
          I was looking at the C50 by UEI but noticed it did not do CO, so the next one up is the C75 http://www.ueitest.com/product-c75.html I am going to call AO Smith in the morning and see what type they are looking for. Stuff I am going to work on around here is Natural gas.

Comment

Fyrite Pro 125.

Mark
            "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

we dumped all the old Bachrach fyrite units a couple years back and have been using the Bachrach 6KW81 Combustion analyzer

\
              Last edited by NHMaster3015; 02-12-2010, 09:52 PM.
              sigpic

Comment

Man these things are pricey. Thank you all for the input. It just stings a little that I need this tool to take a free class plus air fair, and hotel. Thank the stars its not till July.

Comment

i'm using the "hourglass" Fyrite these days...

It's the cheapest way to go that I know of... After a devastating jobsite burglary, it was all I could afford.

In these parts, we're mostly oil burners; and it works pretty well. It is not as fast, or convenient as the digital ones though.

If you've got the money, Testo seems to be the best digital analyzer that i've seen/used (was planning on getting a 330 myself)

I've heard boiler guys for years talk about who makes the best and why... but they all seem to have their pro's and cons

Comment

Working...
                  X