X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with a Fujitsu mini split

I have a customer that his mini split HP is dead.
    Fujitsu
    Model#ASU12R1A indoor unit
    Model#AOU12R1A outdoor unit

I found a short in the indoor unit at the terminal strip. The shielded cable ground shorted out the hot lead from the outside unit.I repaired the short. The fuse in the outdoor unit checked out okay, even tried another fuse. I have 120v to the indoor unit.This is a far as I can go with my limited knowledge of these units.
    From the wiring diagram it shows a power relay and a PC board in the indoor unit.I can make a Stupid Wild *** Guess and AssUMe one of these components is the culprit.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated before I start throwing parts at it.

James

Re: Help with a Fujitsu mini split

Originally posted by James P View Post
    I have a customer that his mini split HP is dead.
    Fujitsu
    Model#ASU12R1A indoor unit
    Model#AOU12R1A outdoor unit

I found a short in the indoor unit at the terminal strip. The shielded cable ground shorted out the hot lead from the outside unit.I repaired the short. The fuse in the outdoor unit checked out okay, even tried another fuse. I have 120v to the indoor unit.This is a far as I can go with my limited knowledge of these units.
    From the wiring diagram it shows a power relay and a PC board in the indoor unit.I can make a Stupid Wild *** Guess and AssUMe one of these components is the culprit.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated before I start throwing parts at it.

James
    Sounds like primary voltage may have went through the ground side and got to the computer control board, DC hates primary A/C voltage especially on it's neg (-) side...

My vote is the computer board is trash due to the short to ground
    Last edited by OkieBill; 02-27-2010, 06:43 PM.

Comment

James here is a link to Fujitsu http://portal.fujitsugeneral.com/log...76D2E97D02A21F, the user name is installer and password is 1ton12kbtu. toll free 866-952-8324 is the phone. This older 12 r system is not an inverter and is 120 volt. All troubleshooting and service manuals are available at the above link. Bill is 100% right if this is an inverter(DC) it was probably done. Call their tech support is excellent.
      WE LIVE IN THE LAND OF THE FREE,
      ONLY BECAUSE OF THE BRAVE

Comment

Thanks for the help.

I have a power supply pcb assembly, #K9704605016 on order.

Fujitsu parts are as rare as hens teeth in these parts.

James

Comment

Originally posted by Chauncey View Post
          James here is a link to Fujitsu http://portal.fujitsugeneral.com/log...76D2E97D02A21F, the user name is installer and password is 1ton12kbtu. toll free 866-952-8324 is the phone. This older 12 r system is not an inverter and is 120 volt. All troubleshooting and service manuals are available at the above link. Bill is 100% right if this is an inverter(DC) it was probably done. Call their tech support is excellent.
          Wow, did I ever run into a can worms on this unit. You never know what you'll run into in the rural areas in these parts.

The installer used 18 gauge low voltage control cable to run between the outside and inside units.
          The weird thing is this unit was installed in 04. One would have thought this problem would have shown up sooner.

Installed the new power supply board, and unit started and ran until the compressor kicked in. Another short in the wiring caused the fuse to blow on the new board. Found the wiring too small to handle the current load of the compressor. The wire was heating up and burning through the insulation and shorted to the cable sheathing. I pulled the three conductor shielded cable the original installer ran from the indoor unit to the outdoor unit that powers the comp. RV, and cond. fan. I stripped back the sheathing and found the insulation on the red lead was burnt through.

Looks like running new cable between the units and soldering a fuseholder to the circuit board and I should have it running.

James

Comment

Working...
          X