X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Freon fines!!

In case anyone had any ideas about making a quick buck on some moonshine R22...the government has been busy handing out some pretty serious fines:

http://www.epa.gov/ozone/enforce/

Re: Freon fines!!

Originally posted by lovetheUSA View Post
    In case anyone had any ideas about making a quick buck on some moonshine R22...the government has been busy handing out some pretty serious fines:

http://www.epa.gov/ozone/enforce/
    Moonshine R22
    I'm purchasing it legally

Comment

Originally posted by James P View Post
      Moonshine R22
      I'm purchasing it legally

It's an easy business

Due to EPA / Federal Taxes, regulations, and headaches a 30 lb jug of R22 runs me about $140

IF a person were to go to Mexico AND purchase R22 AND manage to get it across the border you would pay about 75 dollars less per jug by cutting uncle sam out of the loop.
      Last edited by OkieBill; 04-04-2010, 01:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by OkieBill View Post
        It's an easy business

Due to EPA / Federal Taxes, regulations, and headaches a 30 lb jug of R22 runs me about $140

IF a person were to go to Mexico AND purchase R22 AND manage to get it across the border you would pay about 75 dollars less per jug by cutting uncle sam out of the loop.
        $165 for my last 30lb, still cheaper than 410A.

I have 100 lbs of recovered R22 I need to get rid of.

James

Comment

I am seeing R22 at about $190 and R410 at about $215. Won't be long before the price curves cross over! Although recovered R22 has a lot of value, I am not seeing anyone willing to PAY YOU for it. They will CHARGE YOU for the privelege of taking it off your hands!

Comment

Soon they'll show hidden email evidence that releasing it stops global warming.

J.C.

Comment

Originally posted by lovetheUSA View Post
              I am seeing R22 at about $190 and R410 at about $215. Won't be long before the price curves cross over! Although recovered R22 has a lot of value, I am not seeing anyone willing to PAY YOU for it. They will CHARGE YOU for the privelege of taking it off your hands!
              $200 deposit for a 125lb cylinder and a $50 handling fee.

That's what I'm paying to get rid of it.

Comment

Working...
              X