Ridgid Cordless Power tools

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ridgid Cordless Power tools

2 years ago I bought a ridgid 24V cordless powertool kit and a 12V pocket driver. Had problems with one of the 24V batteries a couple of weeks after the purchase. At that time local company was a ridgid dealer. Took over a month to receive a replacement battery. In the 2 years since I purchased the pocket driver I have either exchanged the entire kit or the batteries about 3 to 4 times. The last time I sent back in had to ship it to a company 2-3 hrs away and it tooks about 4 months to get a replacement battery for it. I install hvac equipment for a living and need my tools. Just today I was using my 24v sawzall the battery showed full charge before I started and it did not even make it thru the nails and screws holding in a short 2x4 that needed to be removed.

Needless to say If I can give some advise NEVER BUY RIDGID CORDLESS POWERTOOLS OF ANY VOLTAGE. The lifetime warranty is not all it cracked up to be. If there was a rating scale of say 0-5. 0: being bad and 5: being execellent. For me these would rate in the negative range. Very bad and very disappointed with these cordless tools.

Re: Ridgid Cordless Power tools

You do realize that Ridgid does not actually make these power tools, right? They are made by TTI, the same people who make Milwaukee, and Ryobi.

Comment

I don't know any Pro's that use Ridgid Cordless tools, Sorry to hear about your problems...

I use all Dewalt 18V XRP and have been very Happy with them...

Comment

Seeing your in NE, never leave your cordless batteries out in the cold, it kills them quick.

Comment

Working...
        X