X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Weather King 90% Furnace

Don't know how your Cook County Community and Economic Development Association works, but usually a government program is just a money deal. They do not contract for the work, or take on any warranty or service responsibility. Is this different in your case?"

Comment

The CEDA program is a government program that does have warranties and must follow-up on service problems.

Comment

Has that unit been fixed yet?

Comment

No. CEDA is giving me a really hard time.

I was told that one of the causes of my problem could be the intake/exhaust pipes that are supposed to be about 12" apart mine are right next to one another and one is only slightly higher both pointing down.

Anyone know anything about this?

Comment

Originally posted by Luckylady View Post
            No. CEDA is giving me a really hard time.

I was told that one of the causes of my problem could be the intake/exhaust pipes that are supposed to be about 12" apart mine are right next to one another and one is only slightly higher both pointing down.

Anyone know anything about this?
            That can certainly be an issue. The last thing a heater wants is exhaust fumes being used for combustion. This can cause incomplete combustion in the chamber and lead to soot buildup on the heat exchanger over time. A clogged exchanger can create a pressure switch failure.

There are vent termination kits that get around this by the way they are designed. If you just have 2 pieces of pvc stuck out and turned down, then that needs to be corrected. The 12" seperation you mentioned is the minimum.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Jones View Post

The 12" separation you mentioned is the minimum.
              Is there a standard for how many inches these pipes should be separated?

We don't even have a 6" separation on our system and both pipes are turned down.

Comment

Originally posted by Luckylady View Post
                Is there a standard for how many inches these pipes should be separated?

We don't even have a 6" separation on our system and both pipes are turned down.
                Yes the satndard for your equipment is listed by the manufacturer in your installation manual. Rework the intake and vent to conform to those specs.

Comment

Working...
                X