Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Weather King 90% Furnace

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Weather King 90% Furnace

    A government program called CEDA installed a new Weather King 90% furnace and since the day it was installed we have had intermittent problems with the fan turning on but not the burners.

    No one from CEDA believes that this is happening so we can't get it fixed.

    Everyone we talked to claims they have never heard of this.

    I have an 85 year old parent that is suffering because we can't solve this problem.

    Has anyone ever heard of this?

    Any ideas as to what could cause this?

    Thanks

  • #2
    Re: Weather King 90% Furnace

    Could be the fan control board or thermostat. Something is energizing the fan relay.

    James

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Weather King 90% Furnace

      CEDA has already changed the thermostat to no avail so it might be your other suggestion the fan control board.

      Thank you.

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Weather King 90% Furnace

        Pay a good company to do a maintenance cleaning on it and I'll bet you the problem goes away. How old is it?

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Weather King 90% Furnace

          It's only 1 1/2 yrs old and it had this problem from the beginning so I don't think a cleaning will do it but thank you for the suggestion.

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Weather King 90% Furnace

            Is it doing this on a call for heat or is it just turning on and off on its own?
            DIRTFT

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Weather King 90% Furnace

              It does it intermittently when the system calls for heat. It has no air conditioner.

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Weather King 90% Furnace

                Originally posted by Luckylady View Post
                It does it intermittently when the system calls for heat. It has no air conditioner.
                Post model and serial numbers. I can get some info.
                DIRTFT

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Weather King 90% Furnace

                  You have a call for heat and the fan comes on with no burner fire...I would take a look at the pressure switch.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Weather King 90% Furnace

                    Originally posted by Luckylady View Post
                    A government program called CEDA installed a new Weather King 90% furnace and since the day it was installed we have had intermittent problems with the fan turning on but not the burners.

                    No one from CEDA believes that this is happening so we can't get it fixed.

                    Everyone we talked to claims they have never heard of this.

                    I have an 85 year old parent that is suffering because we can't solve this problem.

                    Has anyone ever heard of this?

                    Any ideas as to what could cause this?

                    Thanks
                    This is a problem with the fan control timer on the main board. The control board will need to be changed. It is probably still under warranty.
                    sigpic

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Weather King 90% Furnace

                      MAKE: Weather King

                      MODEL: 90RT07EES01

                      SERIEL: GY5D302F470804597

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Weather King 90% Furnace

                        Originally posted by NHMaster3015 View Post
                        This is a problem with the fan control timer on the main board. The control board will need to be changed. It is probably still under warranty.

                        Getting CEDA to take me sseriously has been a problem. I will mention your suggestion to them.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Weather King 90% Furnace

                          Any rheem contractor can replace the board under warranty.
                          DIRTFT

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: Weather King 90% Furnace

                            What is your altitude? The fan pressure switch links back to the board. It sounds more likely a ps than a board. Allthough either is possible.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: Weather King 90% Furnace

                              I'm in Chicago altitude isn't usually a problem here, but thanks.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X