X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• condensate drains

When did they start using lime rock filters! About a 15 Year old furnace ,no filter and they used liquid tite elec conduit from furnace to condensate pump! Instead of b vent on tank W.H. they used allum dryer hose! Will fix soon
    I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Re: condensate drains

Are the drain lines that the condensate is running to cast iron?

Comment

Yes , My heat Guy comes today. I'll have him change out a lot of Garbage. New condensate filter, Pvc to drain [ they have 1/2" vinyl hose for 30' to drain] B vent on W.H. instead of allum. dryer hose .
      I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

If you have cast drains then the condensate will eat the drain pipes in time. You will need an acid neutralizer for the condensate line.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Jones View Post
          If you have cast drains then the condensate will eat the drain pipes in time. You will need an acid neutralizer for the condensate line.
          Furnace is 20 years old. My heat Guy may replace it all. His work is good and also His prices! With the fed. tax break It's the wise decision.

Comment

Working...
          X