X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EPA test

well, I take my EPA 608 test Thursday morning, and i'm actually a shade stressed about it. I'm taking this test with no real world experience, just book learning. Not like the plumbing license at all.
    No, it's not rocket science, it's plumbing and unlike rocket science it requires a license.

Re: EPA test

I took mine 13 years ago

It was a tuff one ( I took the Universal which included "Low Pressure" talk about a PIA, many folks failed it the first time)

Don't stress it will come to ya... Where your real world Plumbing experience helped you on your Plumbing license test the 608 is kinda the opposite... The 608 does not teach HVAC it only teaches the proper handling of Refrigerants.

Bill
    Last edited by OkieBill; 06-08-2010, 11:56 PM.

Comment

It's not that bad of a test. Go for all four sections to be unniversal if you make it you are set. The government didn't make the test to where nobody can pass it. You do want to really know examples of different gas types. They are going to give you 4 choices and ask which one is zeotropic type questions.

I passed with a 100 on 2 tests and a 96 on the other 2 tests. If I can do it...anybody can

Comment

Originally posted by OkieBill View Post
        I took mine 13 years ago

It was a tuff one ( I took the Universal which included "Low Pressure" talk about a PIA, many folks failed it the first time)

Don't stress it will come to ya... Where your real world Plumbing experience helped you on your Plumbing license test the 608 is kinda the opposite... The 608 does not teach HVAC it only teaches the proper handling of Refrigerants.

Bill
        I missed the LP section by one. Never did retake it.

I was thinking about retaking it. Would you know if I would have to retest from the ACCA/ Ferris State Univ.? Which is the test I took in 94.

Never have used or purchased LP refrigerants, but the Universal Certification sounds sexier.

James

Comment

45 minutes from start to finish. Now i just fet to wait by the mailbox for my results
          No, it's not rocket science, it's plumbing and unlike rocket science it requires a license.

Comment

Originally posted by James P View Post
            I missed the LP section by one. Never did retake it.

I was thinking about retaking it. Would you know if I would have to retest from the ACCA/ Ferris State Univ.? Which is the test I took in 94.

Never have used or purchased LP refrigerants, but the Universal Certification sounds sexier.

James

Not sure James, I did mine through the Air Force at the end of Technicial School but I do remember that the guys that missed the low pressure did only have to take the low pressure section again, most did it after a review within an hour or two...

Comment

passed all sections, just waiting for the card in the mail.

Comment

Originally posted by MoJourneyman View Post
                passed all sections, just waiting for the card in the mail.
                Congrats!!! Way to go!!!

Comment

Alot of supply houses give the test now. Where I go does it a cpl times a year

Comment

Working...
                  X