Reversing valve

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reversing valve

Got a heat pump call in a vacant, for sale home, walk in, it's Way hotter in there than it should be, all the thermostat would tell me was "HI".

Downstairs unit is a heat pump, I believe a 4 ton, R-22 Lennox unit, running with the High side at 325ish psi, and 90 degrees. The low side ranged between 300 and 350 psi, and between 180 to 220 degrees. removed power from the reversing valve lug on the board with no change, sound like a stuck reversing valve? am I missing something obvious?
    No, it's not rocket science, it's plumbing and unlike rocket science it requires a license.

Re: Reversing valve

High head pressure,clean the condenser coil.

Comment

sorry, should have stated, coils are all clean, filters look good.
      No, it's not rocket science, it's plumbing and unlike rocket science it requires a license.

Comment

I reread all of your post. Suction pressure 300-350 wow, that's High!!!

Definitely the hot gas refrigerant is bypassing the condenser coil and going to the evaporator coil. Could be a bad reversing valve coil or the valve itself.

James

You can also check to see if you have voltage at the coil. Most heat pumps the reversing valve energizes in the cooling mode. If the Orange conductor in the control wiring is connected to the O terminal at the tstat., it energizes in the cooling mode. You can also look at the wiring diagram or schematic.
        I've run across a few older Rheem & Ruud heat pumps that the reversing valve energizes in the heating mode the B terminal at the Tstat.
        Last edited by James P; 06-27-2010, 11:34 AM.

Comment

Working...
        X