Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Honeywell VisionPro Thermostats

Hello,

I see where some...perhaps all of the top of the line Honeywell Home Thermostats have a "Ventilation Control". I believe the user has the ability to pick a preset time during the thermostat programming mode for this feature to function, as well as choosing the duration of the Ventilation Control will be used.

Question: I live in an area where it can be very hot during the day and at night it often drops down into the 50's and 60's.

With an external/outside sensor attached to a Honeywell thermostat...I am curious if any of their thermostats are capable of utilizing outside air at night to cool a house...rather then have the AC run.

I have a whole house ventilation fan installed in the 2nd floor of my home. Will be hooking up an incoming motorized air box so that a thermostat in the house will turn on or off the house fan and the incoming air setup automatically and draw the colder air throughout the house when a preset temp high temp is obtained. A timer will also be utilized so the house fan will not function during the day when the central AC is used. What it comes down to is that I must make a judgment call every evening on whether to leave the Central AC on or turn off the AC and have the house fan/incoming air cool the house at night. One more thing to remember...which would be sweet if everything was accomplished automatically.

I am in search of a Honeywell thermostat which could be used for controlling the house fan/outside air...as well as the general heating and AC cooling for the house. I believe I am looking for a thermostat which would have the capacity to know whether to bring in outside air along with a house fan or use the AC to cool the house...dependent on the outside air temperature.

I am very comfortable to wire in a relay or other device if necessary. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    Jeff

Re: Honeywell VisionPro Thermostats

sounds like a good idea i will ask some of the service tecs at work
    Charlie

My seek the peek fundraiser page
    http://observatory.mountwashington.o...nal&fr_id=1040

http://www.mountwashington.org/weather/conditions.php

new work pictures 12/09
    http://public.fotki.com/hvachawk/

Comment

This can easily be done.

Wire the indoor T-stat through a relay that is controled by the outdoor sensor.

Add an outdoor T-stat sensor such as a Johnson A419.

When the indoor stat calls the power goes to either the central air or the outside fan boxes automatically depending on outside air. In heat mode the unit would run normally.

If you want a wiring sketch PM me.

Another option is to use a solar differential controler. You don't have solar but the control doesn't know that. The control gives you one or two internal relays that will actuate based upon a fixed temperature differential that you set. After that the unit will automatically do what you want.
      Last edited by Kevin Jones; 07-04-2010, 09:09 AM. Reason: another way to do it

Comment

As for the solar differential control I like the function and use of Caleffi. It has a lot of user setpoint options, all digital control, and failure options built in. Parts also tend to be easier to get than the Goldline units.

Comment

Originally posted by Carter View Post
          Hello,

I see where some...perhaps all of the top of the line Honeywell Home Thermostats have a "Ventilation Control". I believe the user has the ability to pick a preset time during the thermostat programming mode for this feature to function, as well as choosing the duration of the Ventilation Control will be used.

Question: I live in an area where it can be very hot during the day and at night it often drops down into the 50's and 60's.

With an external/outside sensor attached to a Honeywell thermostat...I am curious if any of their thermostats are capable of utilizing outside air at night to cool a house...rather then have the AC run.

I have a whole house ventilation fan installed in the 2nd floor of my home. Will be hooking up an incoming motorized air box so that a thermostat in the house will turn on or off the house fan and the incoming air setup automatically and draw the colder air throughout the house when a preset temp high temp is obtained. A timer will also be utilized so the house fan will not function during the day when the central AC is used. What it comes down to is that I must make a judgment call every evening on whether to leave the Central AC on or turn off the AC and have the house fan/incoming air cool the house at night. One more thing to remember...which would be sweet if everything was accomplished automatically.

I am in search of a Honeywell thermostat which could be used for controlling the house fan/outside air...as well as the general heating and AC cooling for the house. I believe I am looking for a thermostat which would have the capacity to know whether to bring in outside air along with a house fan or use the AC to cool the house...dependent on the outside air temperature.

I am very comfortable to wire in a relay or other device if necessary. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
          Jeff
          Before using an economiser you need to consider humidity.

They make whats called an enthalpy control to sense ambient air. They are adjustable where you can set the desired max. humidity and temp of the air entering your house.

Nothing like filling your house with 66 degree air with 100% RH.

James
          Last edited by James P; 07-15-2010, 01:10 PM.

Comment

Your looking for the VisionPro IAQ series controls

http://customer.honeywell.com/honeyw...x/YTH9421C1010

Comment

Working...
            X