How to make it hot???

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to make it hot???

A certain hotel chain has been directed by their corporate flag to deal with the problem of bedbugs, a widespread problem and suspected of being brought in from Europe in travelers luggage. The fix: Heat the room to 140ºF and maintain for 3 hours.

QUESTION: anyone know how many watts ( btu of heat) it might take to heat up say a 450 sqft room to 140 within a reasonable time?? I foresee various issues, not the least of which is fire! I don't know if a 120 volt receptacle circuit will even handle the necessary heater.

Re: How to make it hot???

From the Internet:

1) Changing the temperature of your house - True, heat and cold can kill them off. But fiddling with the thermostat isn't going to cut it. It needs to be about 120 Fahrenheit to kill them with heat, or 32 Fahrenheit to kill them with cold (but it takes a couple of weeks that way). Even if you can get your house to those temperatures, it won't be uniform. So leave that dial alone.
    "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Re: How to make it hot???

Originally posted by lovetheUSA View Post
      A certain hotel chain has been directed by their corporate flag to deal with the problem of bedbugs, a widespread problem and suspected of being brought in from Europe in travelers luggage. The fix: Heat the room to 140ºF and maintain for 3 hours.

QUESTION: anyone know how many watts ( btu of heat) it might take to heat up say a 450 sqft room to 140 within a reasonable time?? I foresee various issues, not the least of which is fire! I don't know if a 120 volt receptacle circuit will even handle the necessary heater.
      Be sure to check the temp's on the sprinkler heads in those rooms remembering that the heat will rise if you use space heaters

You could check your local area for a Water damage resto company that does dry heat dehumidification... ( uses hot air blowers) IMO the best heating method...
      Last edited by OkieBill; 07-08-2010, 08:05 PM.

Comment

Working...
      X