Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Manifold Gauges any recommendations’?

Hello fellas.

I`m just getting into this trade and I need to pick up a set of gauges.

I`m here in Canada where r134a is getting pretty common.

Any recommendations for a decent set to get started with?

thx in advance!

http://www.yellowjacket.com/hvacr.asp
    http://www.mastercool.com/

Re: Manifold Gauges any recommendations’?

Yellowjacket makes a good gauge... A good set of gauges is a function of budget.

Yellow Jacket base gauges then you can move up to glycerin / oil filled gauges then move into digital gauges. I would not start out on a digital gauge because their is a lot to learn and visualize when you are starting out so it helps you learn

Do yourself a favor and get 72" hoses

Comment

Thx for this info bill.Why do you recommend the 72' do you not think those would be to long?

Comment

I agree with Bill on the Yellow Jacket manifolds. The only disageement is on hose length, 60" is my limit. Longer hoses just get in the way.
        I prefer 48" with the 9" shut off hoses.

JB manifolds are good also. I have a set of Refco's. Picked them up on ebay last winter new for $40.00. The hoses seem a little on the light side. I plan on replacing them with some PlusII Yellow Jacket hoses.

James

Comment

Originally posted by LOG_SPLITTER View Post
          Thx for this info bill.Why do you recommend the 72' do you not think those would be to long?
          I have 72" hoses, they are good for commercial work ( think 30 Ton reciprocating or reach in coolers where you want to keep things on the ground) You may not be working on things where you need that kind of spread to start with I always have had a problem with the stock length hoses never letting me set my manifold where I want it...

I use a set of JB digital gauges for my residential work and have been really happy with them...

Bill

Comment

I like my everyday JB's (Just Better Industries), however I recently purchased a set of CPS Blackmax. Man are they nice so I am going to try to only use them on 410a systems. Get to retire an older set that needed to rest......hahaha

I would suggest going to your local HVAC supply house and looking at several different brands. Like me I am sure something will catch your eye, feel better in your hands or just be the set you will choose because of its color or something. Go look around and let us know what you decided on.

Good luck.
            Dad always said, "If your gonna be dumb, you gotta be tough!"

Comment

Thx for all the food recommendations fellas.

the CPS Blackmax look sexy as hell but I cant find a local ditributer that sells them.

So think I just might go with the yellow jackets.

Comment

Originally posted by gobby View Post
                Thx for all the food recommendations fellas.

the CPS Blackmax look sexy as hell but I cant find a local ditributer that sells them.

So think I just might go with the yellow jackets.
                Here you go.http://cgi.ebay.com/CPS-R410a-BLACK-...efaultDomain_0

Comment

i would even recommend a digital set i picked up the new testo 550 kit. Even as a newbie it would really help you to see what super heat and subcooling temps are. It works with a multitude of freons and has a two year warranty. If you are sderious about your change in career do you want to spend money on something you wish you had bought right from the beginning.

Comment

Working...
                  X