X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blower Motor Wiring Question

I replaced a 60L2201 5 spd 1/2 hp, 115 vac 1075 RPM motor with a Mars 10587, 1/2 hp, 15 vac 1075 RPM 3 spd motor. The difference in the wiring seems to be no white wire on the 3 spd motor. It has red (low) blue (Med) black (high) and yellow (common?) brn and brn/white (capacitor?). So I'm assuming that the white (common) on the furnace hooks to the yellow on the 3 spd motor? capacitor wires are brn and brn/white on new motor where as the 5 spd has purple for capacitor. My problem is I'm not getting any thing with the new motor in. The pilot won't even light. Any idea what I'm doing wrong? Does the capacitor have to be on any specific prong on each side? Thanks,

Bunk

Re: Blower Motor Wiring Question

From your description, I don't have a clue, but an AC capacitor does not have a polarity. So the terminals are the same either way.
    Frequently asked questions about pumps and tanks.

Comment

Can you post pictures of the wiring diagram that's on the old and new motors?
      Ideal Plumbing

Comment

Sounds like you popped the breaker or turned off the power switch if you have one.

Comment

You have a lennox I see from the old motor part #. you right that yellow is common. Capacitor is ok either way. No power to the whole unit? Check the door switch and/or breaker. Also check the low voltage fuse.. Older lennox units used a 3amp glass fuse but had a spare taped to the board. Newer would have a resetable one. Double check the wiring at the board that you didnt knock off L1
          Last edited by rjm78; 11-18-2010, 07:22 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bunkoli View Post
            I replaced a 60L2201 5 spd 1/2 hp, 115 vac 1075 RPM motor with a Mars 10587, 1/2 hp, 15 vac 1075 RPM 3 spd motor. The difference in the wiring seems to be no white wire on the 3 spd motor. It has red (low) blue (Med) black (high) and yellow (common?) brn and brn/white (capacitor?). So I'm assuming that the white (common) on the furnace hooks to the yellow on the 3 spd motor? capacitor wires are brn and brn/white on new motor where as the 5 spd has purple for capacitor. My problem is I'm not getting any thing with the new motor in. The pilot won't even light. Any idea what I'm doing wrong? Does the capacitor have to be on any specific prong on each side? Thanks,

Bunk
            check for voltage from the wires first.

Comment

Working...
            X