Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4" double-wall flue pipe

Hello,
    I want to install a small (60K BTU) Miller oil furnace in my garage. The output exhaust coupling is 4" diameter. I understand that I need double-wall flue pipe from the furnace up to the roof, but I am having a difficult time finding 4" diameter double-wall oil vent pipe. Can anyone point me to a company or HVAC supplier that has 4" flue pipe and accessories (flashing and rain cap, etc)? Any advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. BTW - I live in a northern subburb of Minneapolis, so hopefully I can find a company or HVAC supplier in my area. THANKS!

Re: 4" double-wall flue pipe

type "b" vent pipe. the company name that's popular out here is called "amerivent"

not sure if it's approved for an oil burner, but it's legal for natural gas and propane.

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
      type "b" vent pipe. the company name that's popular out here is called "amerivent"

not sure if it's approved for an oil burner, but it's legal for natural gas and propane.

rick.
      Hi Rick,
      Thanks for your reply. I did take a look at Amerivent, and it appears that their products are rated only for natural gas and propane (not oil).

Mike

Comment

B Vent not good for oil. They make a special kit for Miller furnaces Look it up online maybe they can ship direct to u

Comment

Originally posted by Heaterman View Post
          B Vent not good for oil. They make a special kit for Miller furnaces Look it up online maybe they can ship direct to u
          Actually, I found what I need from Metal-Fab Inc. They have a product called "L-Vent" and it is specified for high temperature flue applications such as oil or pellet stove. I had to special order it from a Metal-Fab distributor, and so it was a little more pricy than a regular stocked item, but at least I found something that will work safely, and should pass inspection by my city.

Thanks everyone for your input!

Comment

Working...
          X