X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bell & Gossett Rebuild Question

I have three zones on my Weil McClain oil burner, and two of them use bell & gossett series 100 circulator pumps. I've had to relace the two of them over the last six years and now one of them is making some noise. My question is wheter or not it's a good idea to buy a new B&G bearing assembly with impeller and rebuild a spare circulator I have laying around? The price for the new assembly and coupler is just under $100 and a new series 100 circulator would be over $250. Thanks. Frank B.

Re: Bell & Gossett Rebuild Question

You can install a new Taco 007 for less than that and not have near the maintenance issues.

Comment

Originally posted by Frankiarmz View Post
      I have three zones on my Weil McClain oil burner, and two of them use bell & gossett series 100 circulator pumps. I've had to relace the two of them over the last six years and now one of them is making some noise. My question is wheter or not it's a good idea to buy a new B&G bearing assembly with impeller and rebuild a spare circulator I have laying around? The price for the new assembly and coupler is just under $100 and a new series 100 circulator would be over $250. Thanks. Frank B.

Yes - I would , I worked in a commercial / industrial pump shop for 4 years and We rebuilt those all the time, PLUS - IT so easy to do and only takes less then an hour

Comment

I dont even carry B&G bearings or motors in the truck anymore

Comment

I installed the boiler, circulators and flo control valves over fifteen years ago. I followed the instructions of my wife's cousin who is a contractor. He advised me to use the B&G circulators for my baseboard hot water and a taco for my domestic hot water. I guess the B&G's are like old cadillacs and the taco's do as good a job without the maintenance.

Comment

Working...
          X