X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• copper tubing

I am a student in hvac and AM doing a project with 3/8 copper tubing. I have to take a 10" peice of 3/8 tubing and bend it into a circle using a lever type bender solder it and pressure test it to 110psi. I am having trouble making the circle. Is there any tricks that may help with the bending process to make my circle look more like a circle rather than an egg. This is just my second week as a student . thanks for any info

Re: copper tubing

Your looking at 1 7/8 dia. circle for a 3/8 bender. Thats really tight. Your burning a tee in there for testing right ? Unless you've got some leeway, your best bet is a spring bender and a hole saw.

Comment

Re: copper tubing

Originally posted by newguy2011 View Post
      I am a student in hvac and AM doing a project with 3/8 copper tubing. I have to take a 10" peice of 3/8 tubing and bend it into a circle using a lever type bender solder it and pressure test it to 110psi. I am having trouble making the circle. Is there any tricks that may help with the bending process to make my circle look more like a circle rather than an egg. This is just my second week as a student . thanks for any info
      Just curious. Are you required to create a circle using the entire 10" length of pipe provided? Or are you required to create a circle using the radius of the lever type bender?

Why can't you take your bender and bend the 180 bend to start. Then rotate small sections of tube pushing the bender forward. Then... once you're past 360 degrees you'll have to manually cut the tubing and expand it to get the lever out.

You might try taking your soft copper tube and simply rolling it around a cylinder that has the diameter you desire. Of course that's not using a lever bender then.
      Time flies like an arrow.

Fruit flies like a banana.

Comment

Working...
      X