X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Gas Fired Forced Air HVAC Problem

man 650 for a board?!?!?!?! i can get a 95% furnace for that...

sounds like the pressure switch to me, take and ohm meter and put the hose in your mouth and suck , hear the click? test from the common terminal to the no term then the nc term you should have the wires off of course. I've seen amana units do the same thing and it was the board but you changed that. I've also seen the hose barb clog with rust at the point of connection on the inducer fan (where the pressure switch hose connects). the unit will lock out if the pressure switch doesn't operate properly over a set # of tries.
    ROMANS 10:9 confess with your mouth that JESUS is LORD and believe in your heart that GOD raised him from the dead and you will be Saved.

Comment

My money is on the flame rod sensor

Comment

Jump across the pressure switch and see if the furnace will start.

Comment

Since the control board was not the prob, they should've put the old one back in. And when you find out it's not the gas valve, they should put the old one back on and refund your money. Then you should call a different company. When a good service tech comes up to a dead unit, he looks in the window and usually the PC board has a LED that is blinking a code that tells why it shut down. If you cycle power, the unit is reset. That is why the unit started working after he cycled power. ALL reputable service techs KNOW this! My guess, since it works sometimes, is that the flame sensor needs cleaning. A little sanding with scotchbrite or a very fine sand paper and your prob is fixed. This is a very, very, very common problem. Good luck.

Comment

Working...
          X