Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Curious what nat gas furnace installs are going for...

I am shopping around, I need a 80%, 2 stage 110k-115kBTU. Pull the old one, install the new. PM me if you dont want to post.

I have gotten two quotes, with a pretty good price difference.

Re: Curious what nat gas furnace installs are going for...

Just the furnace, no evap. coil? Is it upflow, horizontal, or downflow?

I usually charge around $1500.00 + tax for a simple furnace change out. Most aren't simple.

If you need a sheet metal transition, gas piping relocated, vent resized, etc. another $250-500.

James

Comment

For an 80% gas furnace only, we would be in the $3,000.00 range. (low)

Agree with James P...furnaces are rarely push and pulls...always metal work to be done.

Comment

3000$ is too high.
        morgan halabu | andy elfmont

Comment

I'm watching this thread close.I have this furnace to swap out (80k btu 1000 sq ft house) Heat exchanger on its last leg before it fails and kills me.
          Not sure where to start.Dropping in a furnace would be the easy part.
          Gas..electricity, but that tin work. What kind of furnace? Sizing? Eeeeeek!
          Attached Files

Comment

That's not a very good assertion to make, it depends greatly on where you live, and his cost of doing business. We have several individuals on this forum who will quickly tell you that they are the most expensive in their area, and they're just as busy as they ever were.

Originally posted by jimfaster View Post
            3000$ is too high.
            No, it's not rocket science, it's plumbing and unlike rocket science it requires a license.

Comment

Originally posted by jimfaster View Post
              3000$ is too high.
              that's why they make a phone book...people can let their fingers do the walking.
              Last edited by Flux; 03-20-2011, 10:22 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by MoJourneyman View Post
                That's not a very good assertion to make, it depends greatly on where you live, and his cost of doing business. We have several individuals on this forum who will quickly tell you that they are the most expensive in their area, and they're just as busy as they ever were.
                In my area, where right smack in the middle when it comes to HVAC prices. The Oil companies and big HVAC companies are in the $4,000 + range.

We pretty much get everything on the HVAC side of things that come in, cause not just anyone can mess with HVAC like anyone can with Plumbing.

When it comes to an entire HVAC system, a 95%er with a 4 ton condenser (14 seer) & A coil easily goes for $10,000 + above in my area. If we are in the $6,000 - $7,000 range, I guess we are low-ballers then.

But yea..we are definitely not the highest price shop in my area..not even close.
                Last edited by Flux; 03-20-2011, 10:21 PM.

Comment

I'm on the low end in my area. I have a full time job. I do HVAC work as a sideline. I'm getting up in years. I do very few installs, mostly repair and service work.

James

Comment

Originally posted by Jay Mpls View Post
                    I'm watching this thread close.I have this furnace to swap out (80k btu 1000 sq ft house) Heat exchanger on its last leg before it fails and kills me.
                    That is a beauty!! I havent seen one like that in since the early 90's. Thought they would all be changed out by now.

Comment

just wondering does the beer come full if we help
                      SMELLS LIKE $$$$$$ TO ME

Comment

now your pictures are why i like my job although there are people still putting in heaters like your pictures
                        Charlie

My seek the peek fundraiser page
                        http://observatory.mountwashington.o...nal&fr_id=1040

http://www.mountwashington.org/weather/conditions.php

new work pictures 12/09
                        http://public.fotki.com/hvachawk/

Comment

Not to age myself but I use to build "Payne Beverly" gravity furnaces.

Mark
                          "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

I would not install anything that was not at least 90% efficient to start with. Price, aroung 6 grand or so.
                            sigpic

Comment

Working...
                            X