X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carrier 58MTA intermittent problem

I have the above furnace, it's a 93% 2 stage installed about 8 years ago. this week it started acting odd, of course it runs perfectly when the tech is here. He was here for an hour yesterday and he could not duplicate the problem. It will start and light normally, when the blower kicks on, it will run for about 10-15 seconds and stop. It will then go through the normal ignition process and the second time, it'll stay running and heat the house. I had it cleaned and serviced last November, the media filter is about a week old. It was doing it again last night several hours after the tech left. I tried to take a video and of course, it ran normally again.

Please note: I have NO intentions of doing any DYI with this furnace, this thing is WAY too complex for me to mess with. I just want to get it fixed so it doesn't crap out on a cold day. I'm hoping someone here has had the same issue and I can show my tech their reply.

Re: Carrier 58MTA intermittent problem

Monitor the diagnostic lights and inform the tech of any info you can....IE. inducer comeson, ignitor glows, gas lights and goes out right away......

Comment

BTW, with the blizzard, watch out for blockage of the intake pipe. Keep the snow clear all day and night if it's too close to the ground.

Comment

I've monitored everything, no flashing LED codes. It starts and lights normally as far as I can see. Inducer, ignitor, ignition, blower, stop.

Thanks!

Comment

Have a Tech clean and test your flame sensor.

Comment

Working...
          X