Check this out..

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Check this out..

I just received this message across our website...

Fromr.Adam Best Contact Number: 0000000000 Subject: AIR CONDITION UNIT ORDER Message: To Whom It May Concern Good morning, Am Dr.Adam and i will like to make an inquiry on air-condition units,am looking to place on order on air conditioning for a donation to a orphanage,i want you to look below and get me a price. Details of Air condition:: TYPE: 2 ton 410A Puron A/C without installation. 13 Seer rating. QTY : 4. I will like you to email me back with a price on it with tax without installations and also let me know your forms of payment .Thank you and i would be waiting for your email with a quote. Dr.Adam Type of System:Heating, Cooling

I've been getting quite a few of these lately, what do you guys think?

Re: Check this out..

Originally posted by Flux View Post
    I just received this message across our website...

Fromr.Adam Best Contact Number: 0000000000 Subject: AIR CONDITION UNIT ORDER Message: To Whom It May Concern Good morning, Am Dr.Adam and i will like to make an inquiry on air-condition units,am looking to place on order on air conditioning for a donation to a orphanage,i want you to look below and get me a price. Details of Air condition:: TYPE: 2 ton 410A Puron A/C without installation. 13 Seer rating. QTY : 4. I will like you to email me back with a price on it with tax without installations and also let me know your forms of payment .Thank you and i would be waiting for your email with a quote. Dr.Adam Type of System:Heating, Cooling

I've been getting quite a few of these lately, what do you guys think?
    Spammer from Nigeria looking to get over on ya'.

J.C.

Comment

reasonably sure it wouldn't be legal to sell to anyone uninstalled unless they have their epa license.
      No, it's not rocket science, it's plumbing and unlike rocket science it requires a license.

Comment

Assuming for a second that the request is legit. Is this orphanage located here in the US and if not where? Is it legal to export such equipment AND would the equipment you could purchase here even operate on their electrical system IF it is outside the US.
        "It's a table saw, do you know where your fingers are?" Bob D. 2006

https://www.youtube.com/user/PowerToolInstitute

Comment

The guy who did my website, is also tied to these messages, so he can monitor for spam and things of that nature. I get an e-mail from his this morning that he thinks this was spam/scam.

I have a type II license, but I would never sell any equipment that I wasn't installing.

Speaking of license, I missed Universal by 2 questions, and I'm thinking about going back for it. However, I never in my life ever worked on those types of systems, so maybe that's why I didn't pass that section.

Comment

I'm not entirely sure how I passed the universal. at that point my experience was entirely textbook from a correspondence course I took.
            No, it's not rocket science, it's plumbing and unlike rocket science it requires a license.

Comment

I agree, it's probably a scam. Sometimes they're not so obvious, but I've gotten almost every kind of scam email out there, so I've gotten used to these things.
              Ideal Plumbing

Comment

the a/c has nothing to do with it. it's the banking info they're looking for.

had the same type email a year ago, but with water heaters.

see it all the time on craigs list.

rick.
                phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
                  the a/c has nothing to do with it. it's the banking info they're looking for.

had the same type email a year ago, but with water heaters.

see it all the time on craigs list.

rick.
                  We had the water heater thing going for a while. It was always a school or orphanage. Somehow they wanted the stuff dropped off at a freight forwarder and "send them the bill". I don't know what they might have been after except free water heaters! They always ignored requests to "send credit card number and we will send water heater". After a while we just started ignoring them.

Is your request from a SCAM? I would put my next check on it!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                  X