X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Furnace was well hidden

On a no heat call, I was at a loss to find where the furnace might be, for a few minutes anyway. I found it ok, but man was the access ever "sucky". It was hidden behind a drywall access on the side of the basement stairs. Musta been a beech installing that thing in there.
    I have seen worse, but this is up there. Filter access was fun too. Homeowner had no idea where any of this was either so you can imagine what the filter looked like.
    Attached Files

Re: Furnace was well hidden

you have to think why would some one put it there
    Charlie

My seek the peek fundraiser page
    http://observatory.mountwashington.o...nal&fr_id=1040

http://www.mountwashington.org/weather/conditions.php

new work pictures 12/09
    http://public.fotki.com/hvachawk/

Comment

Where are they drawing their combustion air from for the furnace and water heater?
      ''Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" Benjamin Franklin

Comment

combustion air??? now why would you open that can of worms.
        fact is there was none, and this was a rental, could not talk owner into making it right.

Comment

Originally posted by shock1964 View Post
          combustion air??? now why would you open that can of worms.
          fact is there was none, and this was a rental, could not talk owner into making it right.
          Probably better for the owner to hide it. That way the renters don't decide to "fix" it themselves.
          INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
          Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

At least it wasn't in a crawl space with 18" or less of clearance.

What's the problem with the filter access? Looks from the pic one might have to work around the gas piping. Not that bad compared to many I've ran into.

James

Comment

you are right, the filter had to be bent a couple times to put it in, which is no biggie, it was more a matter of the door being boarded up on this side also and the work it took to get into the room. I never took any pics of that cuz it was the first place I got into, and never thought of pics till later.

Comment

Working...
              X