X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• aprilaire humidifier

Hello all. I am a novice when it comes to plumbing but like to do it. Not my real job at all.

I installed a aprilaire 600 humidifier 2 weeks ago. I am wondering if i put the unit and the bypass in the correct places. Reason i question were they are is the humidifer only stay of for about 30 to 60 seconds while the furnace just starts up. I see the water running out og the drain line so i know it is flowing but it shuts off so soon.

the one thing that really threw me while installing was the air supply. When they refer to air supply i was thinking the fresh air before it goes to the furnace, but a coworker who has more experince said they are talking about the supply to the house after the furnace.

So the unit is installed after the furnace and the by pass line is on the fresh air. Is this correct? Does not seem like it is working correctly.

Here is a pic.

Re: aprilaire humidifier

How did you wire the 24 volt solenoid that powers the humidifier? What terminals on the main cicuit board did you use?

Comment

I had a friend do the electrical part for me. I don't have experience with it.

Comment

Check your installation paper I believe your humidistat should be mounted in your return duct before a few inches upstream of your bypass duct (the one that goes to the unit) from your picture it doesn't look like it was installed that Way

Comment

thats what i was most confused about. where it should be installed.

When you say return, do you mean return to the furnace or return to the house (after the furnace)

right now the bypass and humidistat are before the air gets to the furnace and the humidifier is after the furnace

Comment

The "return" air duct directs air gathered from the house through the air filter, and into the furnace. The blower in the furnace delivers air through the furnace into the "supply" ductwork.

The humidistat is installed on the return duct, but should be relocated above the point where the humidifier bypass pipe enters the return vertical drop. It's current location will improperly sense the humidity coming from the humidifier and satisfy the humidistat control prematurely.

Comment

Working...
            X