Need help with my gas furnace

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help with my gas furnace

I GOT A QUESTION AB0UT MY GAS HEATER FURNACE, I AM TROUBLE SHOOTING , BUT DONT NO WHAT IM LOOKING FOR, THE LIGHT IS FLASHING RED COUNTINUIOUS AND (FAST) AND I LOOKED ON THE BACK OF THE DOOR PANEL AND THE EXPLAINATION SAID INTERNAL CONTROL FAILURE WHICH MEANS? MANY THINGS WRONG? AND WHAT WHAT DO I CHECK ? PLEASE HELP!!!!!

Re: Need help with my gas furnace

If you are reading the info correctly the main board may be faulty, but really the only way to know for sure based on the info here is to tell you that the smartest thing you can do is to call a qualified heating contractor to check your system.

Comment

First of all welcome to the Board,

if your intent on doing this your self,
      do a Internet search on the make and model of unit go to the manufactures web site and see if there is a service manual to down load, or buy. also there may be some heating forms that may address the problem and give one some ideas,

(I do not work on furnaces,

but your question is some what like I have a car and a light is flashing, and according to the manual some thing is wrong what is it?

you have not given any info but the furnace locked out, NO name, NO model, approx age, BTU's, any thing added to it like AC, or any other info, all I know from your post is there is a light flashing, fast,

but I will suggest to get a qualified service person to help you,
      Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
      attributed to Samuel Johnson
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

could be a number of problems from something simple to some thing major.

could be condensation blocking one of the vacuum valves, could be a dirty flame sensor, could be a bad circuit board, etc etc

more info would be nice.

Comment

You haven't given us ANYTHING to go on!!! It's like..."my car wont start...anyone know why???"

Now, if you have the make and model of the furnace, one of us may have a service manual to take a look at. Unless you are comfortable working around 120 volts, have and know how to use AC, DC, and OHMS functions on a multimeter....you need to just stop right now and call for help. But if you can provide us with some info, we will give you all possible feedback.

Comment

Originally posted by lovetheUSA View Post
            if you have the make and model of the furnace, one of us may have a service manual to take a look at
            I have a collection of digital manuals but would need more info.
            Spokane Heating - Spokane Air Conditioning

Comment

Working...
            X