Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Automotive ac preasure question

Rookie question here.

I`m going to pressure up my system as I`m low on gas as the leak has been fixed and wanted to know the target pressure I should be shooting for on my gauge when I`m filling it up please.

Thanks.
    Last edited by gobby; 05-23-2011, 01:30 PM. Reason: Delete

Re: Automotive ac preasure question

I have not done much with 134a and it been so long since I played with the R12, I would jsut have to look it up on a chart, this link I posted looks like it is in the ball park, but like I said it been a while since I have had to mess with one, and most I did had sight glass on them so I could work with the sight glass, as well.

freon check
    Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
    attributed to Samuel Johnson
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

When you go to the auto parts store they have some r134 recharge kits for cars that have a gauge on the can, it shows a target area that is in green makes it real easy to use.You should evacuate the system with a vaccum pump and this will also help to check your system for leaks.

Comment

You need to vacuum the system down with a vacuum pump and then charge by weight the correct amount of refrigerant into the system. There should be a decal under the hood that specifies the amount of refrigerant.

Comment

Thanks for the great advise fellas.

Comment

Originally posted by gobby View Post
            Rookie question here.

I`m going to pressure up my system as I`m low on gas as the leak has been fixed and wanted to know the target pressure I should be shooting for on my gauge when I`m filling it up please.

Thanks.
            Are you using a manifold, or the cheap gauge they sell at Wal-Mart for $10. The new 134a 12oz cans require an adapter for them stupid hoses to work correctly. They have a valve in them similar to an aerosol (spray paint) can. I found this out tonight when I had my GF pick up 2 cans but failed to buy the adapter, even tho there was a sticker on the can clearly stating that one was needed.... She must not want cold air?
            We don't have preventative maintenance around here, we have CRISIS MANAGEMENT!

Comment

Working...
            X