X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Condensate lines

With the temperatures scorching this week, I've had 8 calls last week for blocked condensate lines, and just did 2 this morning. All of them I had to either partially repipe or put some bricks/wood under the line, to take the bellies out of it. This morning the line had reverse fall, and was all discombobulated.

Why in the world can't HVAC contractors give proper fall back to the sump pump, or where ever it's discharging?

My Charles Gallo drain gun is getting a work out!!

Re: Condensate lines

Lazy, inexperienced, don't care, job security....?????
    Poor Planning On Your Part Does Not Constitute An Emergency On My Part!!
    You can fire me...but you can't tell me what to do!

Derek

Comment

Originally posted by Flux View Post
      With the temperatures scorching this week, I've had 8 calls last week for blocked condensate lines, and just did 2 this morning. All of them I had to either partially repipe or put some bricks/wood under the line, to take the bellies out of it. This morning the line had reverse fall, and was all discombobulated.

Why in the world can't HVAC contractors give proper fall back to the sump pump, or where ever it's discharging?

My Charles Gallo drain gun is getting a work out!!
      Is he the wine guy? A shop vac at the end of the drain works good. It will suck out all of the nasty crap.

James

Comment

I did one last week where the homeowner thought a water line broke in the wall. Long story short, the condensate drain line ran uphill from the unit to the vent pipe for the nearest bathroom.

I ended up running a new drain line downhill the entire way to the outside of the home like it should have been done in the first place.

Comment

I either pop a shop vac onto the end. or i'll put the little rubber plug from my line set flushing kit onto my nitrogen bottle and blow from the coil out.
          No, it's not rocket science, it's plumbing and unlike rocket science it requires a license.

Comment

Working...
          X