X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clamp on thermometers

What kind are you using for measuring line set temps? I see some guys with the stab in thermometers, and they just insulate them to the liquid line. I had a great clamp on thermometer but it didn't survive its first fall to the truck floor. At $90 a piece I figured I'd get some input before I buy another one.
    Last edited by MoJourneyman; 07-22-2011, 09:13 PM.
    No, it's not rocket science, it's plumbing and unlike rocket science it requires a license.

Re: Clamp on thermometers

I just started using these as my primary gauges and they are fantastic!

Digital Manifolds - SMAN2 & SMAN3

I have about 4 of the digital stick thermometers that the supply house sells for sticking in registers ect...

Comment

I use a typeK thermocouple bead probe with a Fluke DMM. I tape the bead to the line with Scotch 88 electrical tape and insulate with a small piece of Armaflex and couple of cable ties. Fluke makes a bead probe with Velco. Thinking about getting one. Would save a few bucks on elec. tape and cable ties.

James

Comment

http://www.wwgtotaline.ca/PDFs/Buyer...nstruments.pdf

Look at the bottom of page 4. That's a great clamp on thermometer.

http://www.hvactechgroup.com
        Last edited by Tech X; 07-23-2011, 09:07 AM.
        http://www.hvactechgroup.com

Comment

Bill, what did those run you?
          TechX thats identical to the one I just killed. absolutely loved it, I had it for over a year, and I only dropped it once

James, that sounds like a PITA
          No, it's not rocket science, it's plumbing and unlike rocket science it requires a license.

Comment

Originally posted by MoJourneyman View Post
            TechX thats identical to the one I just killed. absolutely loved it, I had it for over a year, and I only dropped it once

Not at all. takes about a minute.

Comment

I paid $340 for the SMAN 3 (NOTE: They do not come with hoses) . I REALLY like them so far:-)
              Last edited by OkieBill; 07-23-2011, 09:43 PM.

Comment

I bit the bullet and bought a Fluke T-116 and the pipe clamp thermometer attachment. wasn't cheep but it's pretty awesome, and they tell me it's the last multimeter i'll ever need.

Comment

I bit the bullet and bought a Fluke T-116 and the pipe clamp thermometer attachment. wasn't cheep but it's pretty awesome, and they tell me it's the last multimeter i'll ever need.
                  I use a Fluke 16. if it ever wears out, I'm upgrading to the 116. Also have a 29. It's about 15 years old. I can't wear it out.

James

Comment

Working...
                  X