Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you have a favorite book on hydronics?

Would also like info on troubleshooting boilers and controls. Thanks
    P.S. Looking at modern hydronic heating by John Siegentheler P.E.
    Last edited by toolaholic; 10-30-2011, 09:44 PM.
    I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Re: Do you have a favorite book on hydronics?

Wish I liked to read. My favorite reading is manuals that get right to the point of topic. Beyond that, be the water and manipulate it at your will. All hydronics fall back on a few concepts based on application. Understand your options to the customers needs and then the fun begins in design. Not just concept but also flow of the system so all lines work together and the build becomes a work of art.

Understanding what someone with little vision did on a hydronic boiler you are seeing for the first time? Can be a comically painful.

I have heard good things about Modern Hydronics. Anything by Dan Hollahan is good to go. If you want to really know water then study old single pipe steam boilers. Yes this is steam and if you forget about the smallest atribute of water...you are screwed.
    Last edited by Jones Mechanicals; 10-30-2011, 11:33 PM. Reason: Wrong name of respected author

Comment

Ut Oh, My bad, here because of not correctly reading topic.

I thought it said a book on hydroponics.

Comment

[QUOTE=lreops;363686][B][SIZE=4][FONT=Comic Sans MS]

Ut Oh, My bad, here because of not correctly reading topic.

I thought it said a book on hydroponics.

LMBO!

One subscription you want is Caleffi's Idronics. Top notch theories for many hot water needs from solar to infloor and baseboard.

Comment

Working...
        X