X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blower Motor

I have a 120v a/c motor to run a squirrel cage blower...

Just a few minutes ago the motor came on and started humming.

I removed the belt and the motor will start and run, but gets very hot and hums... It doesn't appear to have much power, and stalls quite easily.

I can hear the centrifugal switch clicking, but is it possible the switch isn't actually switching to the other windings? This motor has no capacitors...

Re: Blower Motor

If it has a centrifugal switch then it has a cap. Follow the brown (common colour) wires from the motor to the cap. Could be your switch is not making good contact as well. Cap first then clean switch

Comment

There were some small combustion fan motors made by Fasco and Magntek that had centrifugal switches and no caps. If this is for the main blower then there has to be a cap in there somewhere.

Comment

are the bearings free?
        Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
        attributed to Samuel Johnson
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

Bearings appear fine, I replaced it with a new motor because I'm going out of town tomorrow...

I'm going to take apart the old one and try to educate myself a little.

There is no capacitor on this motor, it is a fact.

Comment

Working...
          X