R22

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: R22

Last year we were getting $30.00 a # but have not bought a bottle of R-22 yet this year. We still have a few bottles from last year in our shop.

We don't do much A/C work like the bigger HVAC companies, but I bought a bottle of R-410a for $59.00 directly from Goodman the other day for buying a condenser and A coil.

Since R-410a doesn't have chlorine, why in the world do we have to reclaim it? I don't even need to show my refrigerant card at most places to even buy it.

Comment

Originally posted by Flux View Post
      Last year we were getting $30.00 a # but have not bought a bottle of R-22 yet this year. We still have a few bottles from last year in our shop.

We don't do much A/C work like the bigger HVAC companies, but I bought a bottle of R-410a for $59.00 directly from Goodman the other day for buying a condenser and A coil.

Since R-410a doesn't have chlorine, why in the world do we have to reclaim it? I don't even need to show my refrigerant card at most places to even buy it.
      Last time I checked 410A cost more than R-22.....within the last year.
      AllurePlumbing.com
      • leak detection
      • drain cleaning
      • utility locating
      • conductor fault locating
      • and other specialties.

Greensboro NC, Winston-Salem NC, High Point NC, Thomasville NC, Kernersville NC

Comment

Originally posted by Gettinit View Post
        Last time I checked 410A cost more than R-22.....within the last year.
        If Goodman didn't give us that deal the other day, it was $126.00 for the bottle. Johnstone wanted $ 169.00.

At the end of the season last year, I paid $300.00 for R-22. Again..I don't know what the prices are this year.

Comment

Last season in my area 410a and r22 were real close in price per pound, this year there is no comparison, 410a is Way cheeper.

Geno, I understand that. I'm just not sure I want the government dictating the market quite like that. If it's harmful, ban it, don't engage in a 20 year phaseout. Had they done this in a reasonable amount of time after adopting the montreal protocol we'd have been onto 410a several years go, instead they continued to allow the sale of new 22 units up until 2 years ago, then began cutting our rations on it. A more reasonable approach would have been to maintain the gas phasedown schedule bu to have halted the sale of r-22 units within a year or two. At this point the r-22 units would be nearing the end of their life cycle.

Sorry for the rambling, just left a city council meeting and my brain is mush.
          No, it's not rocket science, it's plumbing and unlike rocket science it requires a license.

Comment

I just love how people are still purchasing dry r-22 units, at least they were a few months ago.
            AllurePlumbing.com
            • leak detection
            • drain cleaning
            • utility locating
            • conductor fault locating
            • and other specialties.

Greensboro NC, Winston-Salem NC, High Point NC, Thomasville NC, Kernersville NC

Comment

Working...
            X