Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Takagi TK#3 with 2 zones of heat. Compliments of Jack the Hack Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Takagi TK#3 with 2 zones of heat. Compliments of Jack the Hack

Friends are buying a home so they asked me to take a look at it, before the final inspection. The Takagi has no H stamp so it needs a plate heat exchanger, just one of many violations. It makes me sick to my stomach to look at brand new stuff hacked up like this. This thing is so hacked up by the unlicensed hack, my camera stopped working when it seen the rest of the house.
    Attached Files
    WE LIVE IN THE LAND OF THE FREE,
    ONLY BECAUSE OF THE BRAVE

Re: Takagi TK#3 with 2 zones of heat. Compliments of Jack the Hack

I was wondering what the H represents? It has a mixing valve on it, are they doing potable water off the mix port? It looks like they are doing 2 zone high temperature loops with the grundfoss 3 speed pumps. If they're pulling potable water of it, should have used bronze or ss pumps on it. It looks like they forgot the potable water expansion tank on their set up? So how did you end up rectifying this situation?

Comment

Staring at those pictures for 10 minutes and have no idea what they were trying to accomplish

Comment

He was creating a Rube Goldberg device for consuming natural gas. Very clever.
        No, it's not rocket science, it's plumbing and unlike rocket science it requires a license.

Comment

I still don't know what I'm looking at here.

Comment

Is there no shame!

Comment

Working...
            X