No announcement yet.

Furnace Gas Valve Replacement

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Furnace Gas Valve Replacement

I'm replacing the gas valve on an Armstrong Ultra SX93 furnace. SV9502H2522 is the current cross reference for my existing SV9502H1706 valves. The old valve have a small barbed fitting next to the pressure regulator adjustment. The furnace has a 3-way hose connection between the valve, the combustion chamber and a pressure sensor. The new valve has a plastic cap in place of the barb fitting. The installation instructions for the new valve make no mention of this port. I can't find any literature on the old valve.

I can presumabably transfer the old barb fitting to the new valve and hook up the existing hoses. OR, I could eliminate the 3-way connection and connect the combustion chamber to the pressure sensor and leave the new valve out of it.

I don't know if that hose connection is for the sake of the old valve or necessary for the operation of the furnace. Suggestions? Thank you.

Re: Furnace Gas Valve Replacement

FWI Grangers has gas valves. A Heat Guy will be By soon.
    I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Re: Furnace Gas Valve Replacement

A heat guy (like me) is going to tell you not to mess with stuff that you don't understand, especially stuff that goes Boom when you screw up.