Announcement Module

How To Post Images

Want to know the how to upload images to your posts? Image Posting Tutorial
See more
See less

Furnace Gas Valve Replacement

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
Conversation Detail Module
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Furnace Gas Valve Replacement

    I'm replacing the gas valve on an Armstrong Ultra SX93 furnace. SV9502H2522 is the current cross reference for my existing SV9502H1706 valves. The old valve have a small barbed fitting next to the pressure regulator adjustment. The furnace has a 3-way hose connection between the valve, the combustion chamber and a pressure sensor. The new valve has a plastic cap in place of the barb fitting. The installation instructions for the new valve make no mention of this port. I can't find any literature on the old valve.

    I can presumabably transfer the old barb fitting to the new valve and hook up the existing hoses. OR, I could eliminate the 3-way connection and connect the combustion chamber to the pressure sensor and leave the new valve out of it.

    I don't know if that hose connection is for the sake of the old valve or necessary for the operation of the furnace. Suggestions? Thank you.

  • #2
    Re: Furnace Gas Valve Replacement

    FWI Grangers has gas valves. A Heat Guy will be By soon.
    I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .


    • #3
      Re: Furnace Gas Valve Replacement

      A heat guy (like me) is going to tell you not to mess with stuff that you don't understand, especially stuff that goes Boom when you screw up.