how to heat a sunroom

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how to heat a sunroom

Need some advice on how to economically heat a 12X28 sunroom I added to the back of the house its almost impossible to run heating ducts as I would have to go through the banner board plus brick plus another banner board which would probably weaken the structure. My question would baseboard heaters be the way to go? I have an all electric house, if so what size heater, could I get by with one 2500 watt baseboard heater or would I need two? I have double doors which would be open to help some. Thanks in advance. Ken

Re: how to heat a sunroom

If you do not have carpet on the floor.....Radiant floor heat using hot water. Maybe not as cheap as electric baseboards but the door will be warm.
    AllurePlumbing.com
    • leak detection
    • drain cleaning
    • utility locating
    • conductor fault locating
    • and other specialties.

Greensboro NC, Winston-Salem NC, High Point NC, Thomasville NC, Kernersville NC

Comment

Another option might be a ductless mini-split, which is what we used in our three season room. Our room is 16x16 and i installed a 1.5ton sanyo which does a great job. Of course our winters are not as bad as yours (39.75N) and we don't use the room year round, but the mini split extends us to most of the year with only january and feburary being the coldest. Even then if the outside temp is above 40 it will bring the room temp up to 60 in about 30 minutes, and reach 70F in another 15 or 20 minutes. Since the ros almost all glass there were few places to mount the inside half. Ended up only inches above the floor but it works just fine. In winter the heat comes out across the floor and rises as it crosses the room. They are super quiet and very efficient. Might work for you, might not but give it some consideration. Its a one day install.
      "When we build let us think we build forever. Let it not be for present delight nor for present use alone. Let it be such work that our descendants will thank us for, and let us think, as we lay stone upon stone, that a time is to come when these stones will be held sacred because our hands have touched them, and that men will say, as they look upon the labor and wrought substance of them, "See! This our fathers did for us."
      John Ruskin (1819 - 1900)

Comment

make the mini split a heat pump
        Charlie

My seek the peek fundraiser page
        http://observatory.mountwashington.o...nal&fr_id=1040

http://www.mountwashington.org/weather/conditions.php

new work pictures 12/09
        http://public.fotki.com/hvachawk/

Comment

thanks guys for the reply I was thinking of the minisplit kinda pricey if I go that route I may have to wait until the spring. ken

Comment

Originally posted by HVAC HAWK View Post
            make the mini split a heat pump
            yes, that's what we put in and its great. only another $150 for the heat pump over a std ac unit.
            "When we build let us think we build forever. Let it not be for present delight nor for present use alone. Let it be such work that our descendants will thank us for, and let us think, as we lay stone upon stone, that a time is to come when these stones will be held sacred because our hands have touched them, and that men will say, as they look upon the labor and wrought substance of them, "See! This our fathers did for us."
            John Ruskin (1819 - 1900)

Comment

Hi everyone today i want to say that i have a water heater i recently purchase it and i want to say that it is not working properly and i worried about it and i not know any good repair center if anyone know about it than pass here good suggestions i will appreciated ??
              Fire Damage Restoration Gold Coast|professional upholstery cleaning and protection services

Comment

Originally posted by Tony_01
                There can be various options for heating sunroom. You can install electric baseboard heating there. During winters it can keep your home warm and is also energy efficient.
                Since when is Electric baseboard energy efficient ????????????
                I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Electricity is actually super effiecent but not very cheap. It's another way to spin the wording to make a sale.
                  Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Even if the sun room is ducted and never quite warm, we typically design and install radiant floors using a sub-system off the domestic water heater - condensing if you have it.
                    When in doubt, find someone without.

Comment

Working...
                    X