Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Valves for air seperator and expansion tank.

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Valves for air seperator and expansion tank.

A few years ago when i was doing residentual installs either watts or taco was supplying some valves with theyre air scoop set up. I personally dont want a air scoop i was looking at going with a Spirovent. But the small valves for the water seperator and expansion tank. These valves shut off when you removed the item from it and opend when you put the item back in. Anyone esle ever come across them ? Im trying to find a item number so i can buy them without buying the whole air scoop assembly

Re: Valves for air seperator and expansion tank.

I was under the impression that there should be no valve installed between the system and expansion tank?
    ~~

... it was plumbed by Ray Charles and his helper Stevie Wonder

Comment

Originally posted by Plumber Punky View Post
      I was under the impression that there should be no valve installed between the system and expansion tank?
      I like isolation valves for ease of repair and down time, not to mention lack of bleeding if done right.
      AllurePlumbing.com
      • leak detection
      • drain cleaning
      • utility locating
      • conductor fault locating
      • and other specialties.

Greensboro NC, Winston-Salem NC, High Point NC, Thomasville NC, Kernersville NC

Comment

The valve im refering to is below the brass tee
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by mtburdick View Post
          The valve im refering to is below the brass tee
          I've never seen anything like that in my career. Looks like a bushing to me.

Plumber Plunky - I was taught the same way as you...no valve between the system and expansion tank. However, I've seen it done by some contractor around my way.

In 25 years of doing boilers, I've maybe changed 1 bad diaphragm expansion tank and quite a few of the steel tanks.

Comment

you mean this:

Watts Service Check Valve Model SCV Expansion Tank and Air Vent Check | eBay
            ~~

... it was plumbed by Ray Charles and his helper Stevie Wonder

Comment

Working...
            X