X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CFM blower motor conversion for Carrier 58PAV furnace

Hi, I have a Carrier 58PAV135 furnace and I am thinking of replacing the motor with the newer CFM motor. Anybody know what motor and circuit board I need to get? Thanx in advance.

maduro

Re: CFM blower motor conversion for Carrier 58PAV furnace

You probably mean the ECM motor. You will need a partial rewire, a new circuit board, the new motor, a new blower housing, a new exhauster, and someone that will voluntarily void the warranty and UL rating of your appliance. Be aware that if there is a fire caused by the unauthorized conversion your insurance company will probably give you nothing. Your full model number will tell you the blower capacity.
    Last edited by Plumber Punky; 01-21-2013, 05:58 PM.
    ~~

... it was plumbed by Ray Charles and his helper Stevie Wonder

Comment

Plumber Punky... thanks for the info.

I am quite handy and I love doing projects like this. I am up for the challenge! I'll have to hire an electrician to inspect my work after I get it done.

Anyway, can you steer me to a site that might have all the parts and pieces? Thanx.

Maduro

Comment

Originally posted by maduro View Post
        I am quite handy and I love doing projects like this. I am up for the challenge! I'll have to hire an electrician to inspect my work after I get it done.

Anyway, can you steer me to a site that might have all the parts and pieces? Thanx.

Maduro
        Anyway, NO!

An electrician cannot approve any work that violates the UL listing of the appliance. In addition, they cannot validate any parts not approved by the manufacturer.

Just because you are handy does not make you the proper authority to make changes to the design specs of your appliance. Who will be saving your butt if it goes all wrong?

Save your cash, you will never recover the costs of the parts/install versus the electrical usage with a conversion. Put the cash into a new heating system. Your is only 80% efficiency. The latest greatest all ECM driven furnace of the highest efficiency is made by Lennox. It is 98.2% and they are very reasonable.
        ~~

... it was plumbed by Ray Charles and his helper Stevie Wonder

Comment

Working...
        X