X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• oil furnace making arching clicking noise and not fireing

I am trying to find out what the part that the thermostat wires go into it is attached to a plate that is sandwitched under the igniter on the furnace it has five screws with a dieffrent letter in fromt of them with wires going to them it is a rheem furnace but rhe part says beckett on it thanks
    Attached Files
    Last edited by fergurburger169; 03-11-2013, 01:23 AM.

Re: oil furnace making arching clicking noise and not fireing

No offense to you, but I will never give out advice on how to fix anything oil burner related, because that is something that is meant for the Professional's. Ever seen a fireball come out of the vent before, and take about 5 years off your life? I've seen that before all because so called "button pushers" walked in pushed the reset button and walked out. What that did was load the chamber with oil, and when we were called into fix it (the 5th person in) we had a mini explosion in the combustion chamber, and a fireball that came out of the vent.

It's worth paying the service call for a Professional.

Comment

From the question and the picture you have no idea about Heating 101. Since the burner control is initiating a call for heat, your thermostat is not the problem.

What you may have:

- weak control box
      - burnt ignitors
      - misaligned ignitors
      - bad burner motor
      - bad fuel pump
      - plugged fuel filter
      - plugged oil nozzle
      - no fuel

You need a professional with a combustion analyzer. An oil burner is not something that you can play with easily. One small change of one part can have huge consequences elsewhere.

edit: this control has a hard lockout feature that prevents the button from being pressed too many times. turning off the power, changing the thermostat, or just pressing the button again will not reset it.
      Last edited by Plumber Punky; 03-11-2013, 10:16 AM.
      ~~

... it was plumbed by Ray Charles and his helper Stevie Wonder

Comment

Originally posted by Plumber Punky View Post
        From the question and the picture you have no idea about Heating 101. Since the burner control is initiating a call for heat, your thermostat is not the problem.

What you may have:

- weak control box
        - burnt ignitors
        - misaligned ignitors
        - bad burner motor
        - bad fuel pump
        - plugged fuel filter
        - plugged oil nozzle
        - no fuel

You need a professional with a combustion analyzer. An oil burner is not something that you can play with easily. One small change of one part can have huge consequences elsewhere.

edit: this control has a hard lockout feature that prevents the button from being pressed too many times. turning off the power, changing the thermostat, or just pressing the button again will not reset it.
        i used to repair gas heating systems and a couple of oil systems(luckily just a motor problem with those oil furnaces)
        and i agree that oil fired systems are best left to the pros.
        improper adjustment can have fatal consequences
        shooting the s*** is a lot more fun when you use hollow points (much more splatter)

coffee hell gimme booze!!!

Comment

Working...
        X