X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Furnace advise

I have to replace my furnace due to heat exchange being cracked. This is covered under my one year home warranty when I bought the house. The will replace my 24yr old carrier furnace with Payne 80 AFUE, single stage blower. I could upgrade to Bryant 80 AFUE 2 stage blower for extra cost to me. Is payne a reliable brand our should I upgrade to bryant?

Payne is the same as Bryant. Why not go to a 90%+ furnace gas prices are soon going up big time.

Comment

I agree, while I would not rip out a properly functioning furnace to upgrade for efficiency it is a very good idea to go high efficient when your current furnace has gone Kaput.

Since you have to shell out bucks and your homewarranty is picking up part of the tab it would be silly not to go as high effiecient as possible. If heating costs only go up half of what they are projected your new furnace will pay for itself in just a year or two, after that the savings are all yours. Spend time researching different units and the different contractors in your area.
      Work hard, Play hard, Sleep easy.

Comment

no! the only reason they want to install the payne is because it it the cheapest furnace out there. so is bryant and carrier. don't buy or upgrade. Tell your insurance co. you want a buy out on the replacement cost. I use to deal with the home warrenty co.s and they wanted the cheepest way out on the deal. do a buy out and invest in a Lennox or trane.

Comment

Working...
        X