161 Geared Threader

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 161 Geared Threader

Believe it or not, I'm lookin' to buy a 161. Why I would wanna thread pipe that big at my age is beyond me... Nevertheless,I sometimes need to do it.
    I can get a reconditioned 161 from a tool repair shop that I use, OR a new one from a new tool supplier in the city. The diffrince is about a thousand bucks between the recon and the newski. ($1200 for recon and $2342 for newski. Both come with new dies.
    Some questions I have are:
    1) Do you think a recon will be as good as a new one? I mean after all, Ridgid tools are made to last a lifetime, now ain't they?
    2) Is there a report of cost comparison between fittin' up welded pipe against screwed pipe? Where can I find this info if it exists?
    ---------------FfP

HI Frank,
    I believe you will find that a recon one is as good as a new one. I am in the UK and have been reconditioning RIDGID equipment now for 22 years and i have never in all those years had any complaints with my recons. Hope you manage to find one
    Regards
    Paul

Comment

FRANK, WHO IS GOING TO CARRY THIS AROUND FOR YOU. A 141 IS HEAVY ENOUGH. ARE YOU USING IT ON A 300, OR A VISE? I WOULD GO WITH THE RECONDITIONED UNIT. THE MONEY SAVED CAN BUY YOU A NEW 700 TO RUN IT WITH.
      THE COST DIFFERENCE IN MY OPINION WOULD BE LESS TO WELD THAN THREAD AND WRENCH. EVER TRY TO CATCH A 6'' THREAD ON A 21' SECTION 10' UP IN THE AIR.
      THATS MY POINT.

Comment

Working...
      X