No announcement yet.

Please help, CONFUSED!!!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where is your chimney? Is it in the center of your house or on an outside wall? If it's on an outside wall or exposed on 3 sides, then you should run b-vent or insulate the liner. Reason for this is if it gets too cold it won't vent properly. I like to run b-vent from furnace to liner, it keeps the flue gases hot for better venting, not usually necessary but I'm picky.

Don't spend too much on your chimney. You would probably be better off buying a new furnace. But remember, even if you get a new furnace, you'll have to line your chimney for your water heater or get a power vent water heater.

Comment

My chimney runs up the middle of the house, all interior walls, short run up through the attic and about 4 or 5 feet exposed just enough to get over the rear dormer. We have a cape cod.

I just think i got a contractor out to make a buck. This guy wanted 1700+ to install a B vent but that price included a "lifetime" warranty and annual furnace and A/C cleaning for life. Chuckled a little when he said he would do it for 900 bucks without the lifetime cleaning or the guarantee.

Right now I have a local contractor, already checked him out with the village, no complaints, he is underbidding everyone else to get the job and said he will do it for 425.00.
      \"A SHIP OF WAR IS THE BEST AMBASSADOR\"<br /><br />OLIVER CROMWELL

Comment

Working...
      X