X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new heat pump

I have a 19 yr old heat pump that the inside condenser unit has started to leak. It is a Whirlpool which is no longer made the service tech said he couldn't replace because he couldn't get parts. Wants to replace entire unit.
    He gave me a price to replace with a Goodman. I got another estimate for a Rheem at a better price which he agreed to meet. My problem is can it really not be repaired and If replacing should I go with the Rheem or Goodman or some other brand. I've got time to decide because I had freon added to the unit and its working fine
    now. Any wisdom would be appreciated

Go with the Rheem

Comment

Do some research on this Buford, before you make a choice. I work for an HVAC company and I've worked on most major brands. Goodman is okay for the money, Rheem is a little better. I you want something that is gonna last you a long time go with Trane. They have a highest quality equipment on the market, but it does cost more. But then again, you get what you pay for too. Remember, just like your home, a good AC system is an investment too.

Comment

I agree with the last guy. I spent some time servicing furnaces and other units and found Trane to be a lot easier to service by design and components and their warranty was very good.

Spend more now you will find you are more satisfied later, have a better piece of equipment and make your HVAC/R guys life more pleasant.

Sunny D HVAC
        archblackmage@yahoo.com
        Andrew S. DeCecco<br />Sunny D HVAC<br />archblackmage@yahoo.com<br />aim archblackmage

Comment

Use lennox, look into the signiture series. do'nt go with the goodman. Goodman / Janitrole/ Airease / Airflow eXt. All junk. Rheem or ruud are ok. Trane ao Ameristar are good to. Lennox is what I would recomend. Notice how I didn't even list Carrier? Don't even bother with them. Good luck.

Comment

Amana Heat Pump

Anyone had any info on Amana heat pumps? Good or bad! jps

Comment

Working...
            X