Furnace Filter Door Latches

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Furnace Filter Door Latches

Does anyone sell a decent aftermarket door latch for furnace filter doors. Mine has a nasty piece of metal bent in to a sort of loop at both ends and you have to push it into the slot. It is always a pain to pull them in or out but today both of them somehow got bent and cannot be slid in.

I wonder of there are decent door latches that can be fitted that would make opening and closing this door a simple task.

zip screws. they come in a variety of lengths. LOL

but no, i havent heard of any kind of replacement tabs you need
    ~~

... it was plumbed by Ray Charles and his helper Stevie Wonder

Comment

Having re-read my original post I realize I did not word it correctly. What I meant to say was the problem is with the return air register which is in the ceiling and opens down. The filter is situated just behind it and nowhere near the furnace which is a Rheem. The register size is 14 X 30. I was thinking about possibly replacing the register cover with something else or maybe installing some other kind of general purpose latch on the face of the cover.

Comment

• blue_can
        blue_can commented
        Editing a comment
        I took care of this a while ago - I replaced the entire return air register assembly with something like on your photo but the door has hinges and comes with study long lasting latches - the previous one had some clips type latches which eventually got bent. When I did this job I also improved the duct system since the static pressure was way too high. I replaced as much of the flex duct I could get at with plain metal and also put turning vanes in the plenum box as well as in the return air intake at the 90 degree bend - managed to gain 0.2" WC and better delta T in heating and also better performance with cooling.

• Bob D.
        Bob D. commented
        Editing a comment
        Darn, didn't catch that it was an old thread. Those recent, useless posts caught me.

• blue_can
        blue_can commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes I know- a frequent occurrence around here and posts 4 and 5 add absolutely no value and just simply pulled up an old thread for no good reason.. Don't see any spam so not sure what people get by posting useless advice.

Do you have a loose door on your Goodman or Janitrol furnace? A brand new Janitrol, Goodman furnace door clip latches. This furnace door clip, help you in latch replaces.

Comment

You can find many options online.

Comment

Working...
        X