Water dripping fresh / combustion air pipe summer 90% furnace

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Water dripping fresh / combustion air pipe summer 90% furnace

Payne 80k 3 ton ac up flow, Michigan basementioned. Furnace reluctantly installed by seller of house due to breakdown old furnace, while seller living house 30 days after closing sale.
    seller or installer may have sabotaged.
    no inspection
    ac on , humid day, constant drip inside furnace from fresh air plastic pipe entering top. Told turn down blower tape leakage around blower cavity increase return air maybe cut register basement as kids do play down there. Any help much appreciated.

Same problem with before and I did refer it to air duct cleaning in dallas company and now no problem and functioning well.

Comment

• birmingplumb
      birmingplumb commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks, on the list anyway,will do now

Little problem with the English, eh? Not really sure what your question is, but you need to call an HVAC service to figure it out. Too many variables in your post.

Comment

• birmingplumb
      birmingplumb commented
      Editing a comment
      I am a hvac tech

Sorry you did not understand my post. Sorry but I have trouble with (italians-my wife in paticular) but I have no promblem with the English ,especially after brexit

Comment

most likely it is condensation, the pipe is colder and the humidity is condensing on it and it then dripping off, the pipe, since I have no knowledge of the furnace I do not know if it correctly plumbed or set up correctly,
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      it was kind of funny yesterday had a flat tire on the tractor, front, and it unseated off the rim, there hard to seat, so I was using the "bead cheata", a air tank with a 2" pipe and ball valve on it so you can dump all the air in the tank at once, you place it on the rim between the tire and rim, and dump it and it will blow the tire out and on the rim,
      Any way with the fast decompression the air cools and when I sat down the bead cheata, the cloud like water vapor coming out of it was just like smoke , one time the tire did not seat and the vapor was coming out between the tire and the rim, like a white smoke,
      after a few tries I did get the tire seated and aired up, (bad valve core),
      Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
      attributed to Samuel Johnson
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

3 ton? in Michigan? Sounds blatantly oversized. and, you shouldnt be sucking in moist air from the intake pipe when the blower is running. something is wrong. slowing the blower will make the condensation problem worse.

call your AHJ. They can enforce the permit not pulled on the installing contractor, and you can force him to make it right. You need a manual J, D, and S to make the system work correctly
      ~~

... it was plumbed by Ray Charles and his helper Stevie Wonder

Comment

Would it be acceptable to replace a like for like self contained unit with out a permit?

Comment

No
          ~~

... it was plumbed by Ray Charles and his helper Stevie Wonder

Comment

Working...
          X